Speaking to an audience at RiverRun, Michael Shannon describes the trippy ordeal that went into winning the villain job General Zod in Warner Bros’ Superman film Man of Steel. Deadline was first to reveal that Shannon was wanted for bad guy duty, but clearly a lot goes into figuring not only whether Shannon could play the role originated by Terence Stamp (a no-brainer if you’ve seen HBO’s Boardwalk Empire), but also the way that director and studio figure out the alchemy in matching up actors. Here, he describes the effort to see how he melded with Henry Cavill in the Zack Snyder-directed film.
Michael Shannon Tells How He Got The General Zod Job In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- Disney At CinemaCon: ‘Wreck It Ralph’ Sequel Now Titled ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’
- WGA East's Council Asks Members To Authorize Strike
- Paramount Brings The Star Power To CinemaCon: Dwayne Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Al Gore & More
- Paramount Teases Nickelodeon-Based Feature Toon Lineup Including ‘The Loud House’ – CinemaCon
- Fox 2000, Macmillan Land African Flavored Fantasy Novel ‘Children Of Blood And Bone’ In Splashy Deal
- ‘The Flash’s Grant Gustin Draws ‘The Last Full Measure’