Speaking to an audience at RiverRun, Michael Shannon describes the trippy ordeal that went into winning the villain job General Zod in Warner Bros’ Superman film Man of Steel. Deadline was first to reveal that Shannon was wanted for bad guy duty, but clearly a lot goes into figuring not only whether Shannon could play the role originated by Terence Stamp (a no-brainer if you’ve seen HBO’s Boardwalk Empire), but also the way that director and studio figure out the alchemy in matching up actors. Here, he describes the effort to see how he melded with Henry Cavill in the Zack Snyder-directed film.
Michael Shannon Tells How He Got The General Zod Job In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- ‘The Gift’: Patrick Stewart, Katie Holmes & Giancarlo Esposito Wrapping In Montreal
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’