Speaking to an audience at RiverRun, Michael Shannon describes the trippy ordeal that went into winning the villain job General Zod in Warner Bros’ Superman film Man of Steel. Deadline was first to reveal that Shannon was wanted for bad guy duty, but clearly a lot goes into figuring not only whether Shannon could play the role originated by Terence Stamp (a no-brainer if you’ve seen HBO’s Boardwalk Empire), but also the way that director and studio figure out the alchemy in matching up actors. Here, he describes the effort to see how he melded with Henry Cavill in the Zack Snyder-directed film.
Michael Shannon Tells How He Got The General Zod Job In 'Man Of Steel'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World
- 'John Wick' Partners PalmStar & Thunder Road Make $200 Million Slate Financing Deal
- 'Sirens' Star Jessica McNamee Signs With Inspire
- Why Did Stephen Hawking Film 'Theory Of Everything' Take A Decade? Scribe Anthony McCarten Explains