Speaking to an audience at RiverRun, Michael Shannon describes the trippy ordeal that went into winning the villain job General Zod in Warner Bros’ Superman film Man of Steel. Deadline was first to reveal that Shannon was wanted for bad guy duty, but clearly a lot goes into figuring not only whether Shannon could play the role originated by Terence Stamp (a no-brainer if you’ve seen HBO’s Boardwalk Empire), but also the way that director and studio figure out the alchemy in matching up actors. Here, he describes the effort to see how he melded with Henry Cavill in the Zack Snyder-directed film.
Michael Shannon Tells How He Got The General Zod Job In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest Film News
- Disney Sets Deal To Acquire Most Of Fox, A Game-Changing Deal That Will Redraw Hollywood Landscape
- 'The Meyerowitz Stories' Star Elizabeth Marvel On Leaving Her Comfort Zone For Noah Baumbach – The Contenders Video
- ‘I, Tonya’ Stars Margot Robbie And Allison Janney On Their Knock-Down Mother/Daughter Fights During The Film – The…
- Oscars: A Preview Of Foreign Language Shortlist Possibles From A World Of Cinema
- Fox Studio Lot Likely Staying In The Murdoch Fold Post-Disney Deal
- Warner Bros Settles $1B ‘Conjuring’ Suit; “Mastermind” Producer Unmasked