Speaking to an audience at RiverRun, Michael Shannon describes the trippy ordeal that went into winning the villain job General Zod in Warner Bros’ Superman film Man of Steel. Deadline was first to reveal that Shannon was wanted for bad guy duty, but clearly a lot goes into figuring not only whether Shannon could play the role originated by Terence Stamp (a no-brainer if you’ve seen HBO’s Boardwalk Empire), but also the way that director and studio figure out the alchemy in matching up actors. Here, he describes the effort to see how he melded with Henry Cavill in the Zack Snyder-directed film.
Michael Shannon Tells How He Got The General Zod Job In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Matthew Aldrich To Adapt ‘Opening Belle’ Pic For Reese Witherspoon & Warner Bros
- Oprah Winfrey Memoir Auction Hits 8-Figures; Flatiron Books Leads Pack
- ‘Class Rank’ Rounds Out Cast Including Bruce Dern, Kristin Chenoweth
- John ‘Cha Cha’ Ciarcia Dies: ‘Sopranos’ Actor Was 75
- Oscars: 15 Documentary Features Make Shortlist
- Brie Larson & Saoirse Ronan Nab Santa Barbara Co-Honors; Palm Springs Unveils Foreign Film Screenings