With speculation about Meredith Vieira leaving Today at the end of her contract in September in overdrive, Entertainment Tonight is reporting that her co-host Matt Lauer has also informed the NBC morning show’s producers that he intends to depart when his contract is up. In his case, that is almost 2 years from now, on Dec. 31, 2012. A lot can happen in 2 years, so writing him off the show is probably a bit premature but, after 14 years on Today, Lauer may be ready to do something else. As for what that something else is, there is speculation that he may reunite with former Today co-host Katie Couric and executive producer Jeff Zucker.
MASS EXODUS: Matt Lauer Reportedly Eyes 'Today' Exit Too
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser