Mary McDonnell, who has been recurring on TNT’s The Closer, is joining the cast of the crime drama’s extended seventh and final season as a regular, TVLine reports. She will reprise her role as Captain Sharon Raydor. TNT is planning to continue The Closer, likely via a spinoff titled Major Crimes, which would feature some of the series’ current cast members, so McDonnell’s timely promotion is sure to open up speculation that she may be groomed to succeed departing star Kyra Sedgwick as the franchise’s next leading lady.
Mary McDonnell Joins TNT's 'The Closer' As Regular, Is Lead Role In The Spinoff Next?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee Books President Obama For ‘Full Frontal’ On October 31
- ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Sets Launch Date With ‘The Six Thatchers’
- HBO Picks Up ‘Cormoran Strike’ Drama Based On J.K. Rowling’s Crime Novels
- Donald Trump Walk Of Fame Star Already Being Repaired As Hollywood Group Vows To Press Charges
- ‘Counterpart’: Michael Nyqvist, Nazanin Boniadi, 2 Others Join Starz Spy Series
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ Officially Resumes Production