Mary McDonnell, who has been recurring on TNT’s The Closer, is joining the cast of the crime drama’s extended seventh and final season as a regular, TVLine reports. She will reprise her role as Captain Sharon Raydor. TNT is planning to continue The Closer, likely via a spinoff titled Major Crimes, which would feature some of the series’ current cast members, so McDonnell’s timely promotion is sure to open up speculation that she may be groomed to succeed departing star Kyra Sedgwick as the franchise’s next leading lady.
Mary McDonnell Joins TNT's 'The Closer' As Regular, Is Lead Role In The Spinoff Next?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Fox News Channel Bags Second-Biggest Primary-Night Audience In Cable News History
- Ted Levine & Ismael Cruz Cordova Join ‘Ray Donovan’ In Recurring Roles
- Candice Bergen To Topline ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Pearl’
- A&E Docuseries ’60 Days In’ Sends Innocent People To Corrupt Indiana Jail
- Khloé Kardashian’s ‘Kocktails With Khloé’: FYI Orders More Episodes
- Bernie Sanders Eats Ice Cream, Shoots Hoops On ‘The View’ After Winning New Hampshire