Mary McDonnell, who has been recurring on TNT’s The Closer, is joining the cast of the crime drama’s extended seventh and final season as a regular, TVLine reports. She will reprise her role as Captain Sharon Raydor. TNT is planning to continue The Closer, likely via a spinoff titled Major Crimes, which would feature some of the series’ current cast members, so McDonnell’s timely promotion is sure to open up speculation that she may be groomed to succeed departing star Kyra Sedgwick as the franchise’s next leading lady.
Mary McDonnell Joins TNT's 'The Closer' As Regular, Is Lead Role In The Spinoff Next?
What's Hot on Deadline
Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell & Melissa McCarthy In Play After UTA Lands 5 Major CAA Comedy Agents - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘House of Lies’ Renewed For Fifth Season By Showtime
- ‘Ingress’ TV Series Based On Google Game In Works With ‘The Expanse’ Producer
- History Eyeing Vietnam Series ‘The Boys Of ’67’ From ‘Die Hard’ Scribe
- Trevor Noah Defended By Comedy Central As Red Flags Fly
- UTA Lands Chris Pratt: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Star Moves From CAA With Longtime Agents
- CBS, ‘General Hospital’ Lead Daytime Emmy Noms