Mary McDonnell, who has been recurring on TNT’s The Closer, is joining the cast of the crime drama’s extended seventh and final season as a regular, TVLine reports. She will reprise her role as Captain Sharon Raydor. TNT is planning to continue The Closer, likely via a spinoff titled Major Crimes, which would feature some of the series’ current cast members, so McDonnell’s timely promotion is sure to open up speculation that she may be groomed to succeed departing star Kyra Sedgwick as the franchise’s next leading lady.
Mary McDonnell Joins TNT's 'The Closer' As Regular, Is Lead Role In The Spinoff Next?
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
Latest TV News
- Bill Clinton & James Patterson’s Novel 'The President Is Missing' Lands At Showtime For TV Series Adaptation
- ‘Carnival Row’: David Gyasi, Karla Crome, Indira Varma & Tamzin Merchant Join Amazon’s Fantasy…
- Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood’s Embrace Of China
- Donald Trump Blasts Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg For Fueling "The Russia Hoax"
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Tamlyn Tomita Upped To Series Regular On ABC Drama
- ‘Humans’: Mark Bonnar Joins Season 3 Cast Of Sci-Fi Drama Series