Magnolia Pictures plans a theatrical release later this year for Jiro Dreams Of Sushi, the David Gelb-directed documentary about the life and work of master sushi chef Jiro Ono. The film premiered at the Berlinale. Kevin Iwashina of Preferred Content brokered the North American rights deal. Fortissimo Film Sales is handling international.
Magnolia Acquires North American Rights To 'Jiro Dreams Of Sushi'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest Film News
- Smaller Chains And Indie Theaters Join Fox Searchlight In ‘Birth’ Voter Registration Drive
- Daisy Ridley, Elizabeth Debicki, James Corden & Rose Byrne Set For Sony’s 2018 Feature Adaptation Of ‘Peter Rabbit…
- ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Tops Overseas Again As ‘Magnificent 7’ Corrals $19.2M & ‘Storks’ Bundles $18.3M – Intl…
- 'Best Democracy' Rules, ‘Queen Of Katwe’ Bows: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Magnificent Seven’s $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; ‘Storks’ At $21.8M – Sunday AM B.O…
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb Pro From Listing Actors' Ages