In a move that may shake up the lead drama actress Emmy field this year, for the first time since the launch of Mad Men, co-stars Elisabeth Moss and January Jones will go head to head at the Emmys by competing in the same category, according to TVLine. For the first two seasons of the AMC drama, Moss was submitted as lead actress, Jones as supporting, with the two switching for Season 3. Now Michael Ausiello reports that Moss, whose character Peggy was very prominent in Season 4, and Jones are both being submitted for lead actress, which could jeopardize their chances to both land nominations like they did last year. The two also entered the most recent Golden Globes race in the same lead actress category, with only one, Moss, getting a nom.
'Mad Men' Ladies Elisabeth Moss And January Jones In First Emmy Faceoff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive