EXCLUSIVE: Casting for the male leads on The Hunger Games isn’t complete. I’m hearing that at the moment, Liam Hemsworth is frontrunner for the role of Gale Hawthorne, and that Josh Hutcherson is in the same position for the role of Peeta Mellark. In the Gary Ross-directed adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel trilogy, Gale is the hunting partner of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), and Peeta is the baker’s son chosen to accompany her as the district’s entry into the deadly Hunger Games reality show competition. Both have been hotly contested roles among young actors, as was Katniss before Lawrence got the job. Both of these guys look right for the respective parts. Per Lionsgate, no offers have yet been made, and nothing is definitive.
Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Inching Close To 'Hunger Games' Leads?
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Veep Candidate Tim Kaine Dispatches Donald Trump Over Hillary 'Bigot' Remarks On Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' – Update
Donald Trump Talks "Tunnel Technology" And Hillary Clinton As "Bigot" In Interview With Anderson Cooper
Latest Film News
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Set To Scream To $21M+ Opening Weekend – Midday Update
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board