EXCLUSIVE: Casting for the male leads on The Hunger Games isn’t complete. I’m hearing that at the moment, Liam Hemsworth is frontrunner for the role of Gale Hawthorne, and that Josh Hutcherson is in the same position for the role of Peeta Mellark. In the Gary Ross-directed adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel trilogy, Gale is the hunting partner of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), and Peeta is the baker’s son chosen to accompany her as the district’s entry into the deadly Hunger Games reality show competition. Both have been hotly contested roles among young actors, as was Katniss before Lawrence got the job. Both of these guys look right for the respective parts. Per Lionsgate, no offers have yet been made, and nothing is definitive.
Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Inching Close To 'Hunger Games' Leads?
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Model Amy Elmore Shares Harrowing Personal Abuse: "It's Time To Talk About Sexual Predators In The Modeling Business"
Latest Film News
- Lupita Nyong’o Speaks Out On Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassments In NY Times Op-ed
- Sophie Okonedo, Brian Gleeson & Alistair Petrie Join New ‘Hellboy’ Movie
- Quentin Tarantino On Harvey Weinstein: “Wish I Had Taken Responsibility For What I Heard”
- Veteran Media Analyst Jessica Reif Cohen: Skinny Bundles “So Far Are One Big Yawn”
- Zhu Zhu, Amy Irving, Helen Slater Set In Ann Hu’s U.S./Chinese Co-Production ‘Confetti’
- Brenton Thwaites, Ben Robson Cast In ‘A Violent Separation’