EXCLUSIVE: Casting for the male leads on The Hunger Games isn’t complete. I’m hearing that at the moment, Liam Hemsworth is frontrunner for the role of Gale Hawthorne, and that Josh Hutcherson is in the same position for the role of Peeta Mellark. In the Gary Ross-directed adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel trilogy, Gale is the hunting partner of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), and Peeta is the baker’s son chosen to accompany her as the district’s entry into the deadly Hunger Games reality show competition. Both have been hotly contested roles among young actors, as was Katniss before Lawrence got the job. Both of these guys look right for the respective parts. Per Lionsgate, no offers have yet been made, and nothing is definitive.
Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Inching Close To 'Hunger Games' Leads?
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $91M; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $41M+
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest Film News
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- Richard A. Roth Dies: ‘Summer Of ’42’ Producer Was 76
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire
- ‘Justice League’ Official Trailer Is Here, Minus A Red Cape