EXCLUSIVE: Casting for the male leads on The Hunger Games isn’t complete. I’m hearing that at the moment, Liam Hemsworth is frontrunner for the role of Gale Hawthorne, and that Josh Hutcherson is in the same position for the role of Peeta Mellark. In the Gary Ross-directed adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel trilogy, Gale is the hunting partner of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), and Peeta is the baker’s son chosen to accompany her as the district’s entry into the deadly Hunger Games reality show competition. Both have been hotly contested roles among young actors, as was Katniss before Lawrence got the job. Both of these guys look right for the respective parts. Per Lionsgate, no offers have yet been made, and nothing is definitive.
Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Inching Close To 'Hunger Games' Leads?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Christian Bale Knee Injury Means ‘The Deep Blue Good-by’ Will Follow ‘Wolverine 3′
- The Joker Photo: First Official Look At Jared Leto’s ‘Suicide Squad’ Villain
- A24 Acquires ‘The Adderall Diaries’ In 2nd Tribeca Deal Of Day For Distrib
- ‘Iron Man’ Copyright Lawsuit Against Marvel Has Weak Links In Its Claims
- Fox Searchlight Sets Fall Release For ‘He Named Me Malala’, About Youngest Nobel Winner – Update
- Eric Idle: “We’re Funnier Than Scientology” – Monty Python Invades Tribeca Film Fest