EXCLUSIVE: Casting for the male leads on The Hunger Games isn’t complete. I’m hearing that at the moment, Liam Hemsworth is frontrunner for the role of Gale Hawthorne, and that Josh Hutcherson is in the same position for the role of Peeta Mellark. In the Gary Ross-directed adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel trilogy, Gale is the hunting partner of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), and Peeta is the baker’s son chosen to accompany her as the district’s entry into the deadly Hunger Games reality show competition. Both have been hotly contested roles among young actors, as was Katniss before Lawrence got the job. Both of these guys look right for the respective parts. Per Lionsgate, no offers have yet been made, and nothing is definitive.
Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Inching Close To 'Hunger Games' Leads?
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home