EXCLUSIVE: Casting for the male leads on The Hunger Games isn’t complete. I’m hearing that at the moment, Liam Hemsworth is frontrunner for the role of Gale Hawthorne, and that Josh Hutcherson is in the same position for the role of Peeta Mellark. In the Gary Ross-directed adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel trilogy, Gale is the hunting partner of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), and Peeta is the baker’s son chosen to accompany her as the district’s entry into the deadly Hunger Games reality show competition. Both have been hotly contested roles among young actors, as was Katniss before Lawrence got the job. Both of these guys look right for the respective parts. Per Lionsgate, no offers have yet been made, and nothing is definitive.
Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Inching Close To 'Hunger Games' Leads?
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Live-Action French Version Gets U.S. Release
- ‘Flamingo Kid’ Broadway Musical Eyes 2018 Opening
- Filmmaker Brian Helgeland Signs With CAA
- ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Trailer: First Look At Venice-Bound Mel Gibson Pic
- Jackie Chan Gets Castmates In ‘Bleeding Steel’
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton