EXCLUSIVE: Casting for the male leads on The Hunger Games isn’t complete. I’m hearing that at the moment, Liam Hemsworth is frontrunner for the role of Gale Hawthorne, and that Josh Hutcherson is in the same position for the role of Peeta Mellark. In the Gary Ross-directed adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novel trilogy, Gale is the hunting partner of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), and Peeta is the baker’s son chosen to accompany her as the district’s entry into the deadly Hunger Games reality show competition. Both have been hotly contested roles among young actors, as was Katniss before Lawrence got the job. Both of these guys look right for the respective parts. Per Lionsgate, no offers have yet been made, and nothing is definitive.
Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Inching Close To 'Hunger Games' Leads?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
Disney's 'Zootopia' Jumps Into Clinton-Trump Debate As Oscar & Presidential Campaigns Start To Merge
Latest Film News
- Disney Exploring A Possible Twitter Bid: Report
- Adam Brody And Amanda Crew To Star In ‘The Wanting’
- ‘Son Of Joseph’ Acquired By Kino Lorber Ahead Of NY Film Festival Bow
- ‘The 13th’ Trailer: Ava DuVernay Docu Tackles Institutionalized Racism & Mass Incarceration
- Hollywood Rallies Behind Producer Gordon Gray & Family With Call-A-Thon
- Disney’s ‘Zootopia’ Jumps Into Clinton-Trump Debate As Oscar & Presidential Campaigns Start To Merge