Justin Long, Jess Weixler, Tyler Labine and Californication‘s Addison Timlin head the cast of Lumpy, an indie film just getting underway in Minnesota. Michael Landes, Evan Jones and Shelley Long costar in the directorial debut of Ted Koland, who wrote the script. The film begins with a wedding in Arizona, where the groom (Long) and bride (Weixler) find their nuptials heightened by their life of the party best man, Lumpy (Labine). That’s until he dies at the end of the evening. As the couple cancels their honeymoon and heads back to Minneapolis to arrange a funeral, they slowly learn that Lumpy wasn’t who they thought he was. The film’s being produced by David Abbitt, Jen Roskind and Sharyn Steele. Koland has done extensive work writing and producing TV before taking his feature shot with Lumpy.
Justin Long Heads Cast Of Indie 'Lumpy'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment
- Warner Bros Pre-empts 'Mack Bolan'; Bradley Cooper, Todd Phillips Aboard
- Bart & Fleming: On Robin Williams And Empathetic Star Send-Offs
- Q&A: 'The Giver's Lois Lowry And Phillip Noyce On The Give And Take Between Author And Director
- 'Sin City 2′ To Launch With Tarantino 'Hateful Eight' Teaser