Justin Long, Jess Weixler, Tyler Labine and Californication‘s Addison Timlin head the cast of Lumpy, an indie film just getting underway in Minnesota. Michael Landes, Evan Jones and Shelley Long costar in the directorial debut of Ted Koland, who wrote the script. The film begins with a wedding in Arizona, where the groom (Long) and bride (Weixler) find their nuptials heightened by their life of the party best man, Lumpy (Labine). That’s until he dies at the end of the evening. As the couple cancels their honeymoon and heads back to Minneapolis to arrange a funeral, they slowly learn that Lumpy wasn’t who they thought he was. The film’s being produced by David Abbitt, Jen Roskind and Sharyn Steele. Koland has done extensive work writing and producing TV before taking his feature shot with Lumpy.
Justin Long Heads Cast Of Indie 'Lumpy'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Fleming Jr
- Matt Damon, Zhang Yimou Want To Scale 'The Great Wall' In China
- Roberto Orci's 'Star Trek 3′ Commitment Knocks Him Out Of 'Power Rangers' Pic
- Aussie Thriller 'Kill Me Three Times' Sells To Magnolia: TIFF
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Shark Spec Script 'In The Deep' Won By Sony
- 'Godzilla' Sequel To Be Scripted By Max Borenstein