Justin Long, Jess Weixler, Tyler Labine and Californication‘s Addison Timlin head the cast of Lumpy, an indie film just getting underway in Minnesota. Michael Landes, Evan Jones and Shelley Long costar in the directorial debut of Ted Koland, who wrote the script. The film begins with a wedding in Arizona, where the groom (Long) and bride (Weixler) find their nuptials heightened by their life of the party best man, Lumpy (Labine). That’s until he dies at the end of the evening. As the couple cancels their honeymoon and heads back to Minneapolis to arrange a funeral, they slowly learn that Lumpy wasn’t who they thought he was. The film’s being produced by David Abbitt, Jen Roskind and Sharyn Steele. Koland has done extensive work writing and producing TV before taking his feature shot with Lumpy.
Justin Long Heads Cast Of Indie 'Lumpy'
What's Hot on Deadline
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest Film News
- ‘Project Cre8’: BET’s Nationwide Search For America’s Undiscovered Filmmaker Open For Submissions
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2018 – Day 1 – Paul Rudd, Jane Fonda, Gus Van Sant, Andrea Riseborough, Ted Danson…
- Marc Munden To Helm ‘The Secret Garden’ For David Heyman & Studiocanal
- ‘Maude’ Director/Star On Female Filmmakers That Have “Always Done It All” — Sundance Studio
- Soderbergh, Credit Card Debt & An Unreleased Movie: Joe & Anthony Russo Recall Slamdance Debut Pic ‘Pieces’
- Documentarian Jeremiah Zagar Tackled Complicated Coming-Of-Age Story With ‘We The Animals’…