Wonder how Jennifer Lopez became a judge on American Idol? About a year ago, the singer and her husband Marc Anthony teamed with Idol creator Simon Fuller to develop Que Viva, a reality singing competition series scouring Latin America for music talent. It was while the trio was working on that project that the idea of Lopez as an Idol judge came about. With the singer signing for the Fox reality series, Que Viva was put on the back burner but remains in development. It is yet to be set up at a network. Meanwhile, Anthony has had constant presence on Idol this season, often helping coach the contestants.
Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony Developing Latin American Singing Competition Series With 'American Idol' Creator Simon Fuller
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination