Wonder how Jennifer Lopez became a judge on American Idol? About a year ago, the singer and her husband Marc Anthony teamed with Idol creator Simon Fuller to develop Que Viva, a reality singing competition series scouring Latin America for music talent. It was while the trio was working on that project that the idea of Lopez as an Idol judge came about. With the singer signing for the Fox reality series, Que Viva was put on the back burner but remains in development. It is yet to be set up at a network. Meanwhile, Anthony has had constant presence on Idol this season, often helping coach the contestants.
Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony Developing Latin American Singing Competition Series With 'American Idol' Creator Simon Fuller
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'