Wonder how Jennifer Lopez became a judge on American Idol? About a year ago, the singer and her husband Marc Anthony teamed with Idol creator Simon Fuller to develop Que Viva, a reality singing competition series scouring Latin America for music talent. It was while the trio was working on that project that the idea of Lopez as an Idol judge came about. With the singer signing for the Fox reality series, Que Viva was put on the back burner but remains in development. It is yet to be set up at a network. Meanwhile, Anthony has had constant presence on Idol this season, often helping coach the contestants.
Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony Developing Latin American Singing Competition Series With 'American Idol' Creator Simon Fuller
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign