Wonder how Jennifer Lopez became a judge on American Idol? About a year ago, the singer and her husband Marc Anthony teamed with Idol creator Simon Fuller to develop Que Viva, a reality singing competition series scouring Latin America for music talent. It was while the trio was working on that project that the idea of Lopez as an Idol judge came about. With the singer signing for the Fox reality series, Que Viva was put on the back burner but remains in development. It is yet to be set up at a network. Meanwhile, Anthony has had constant presence on Idol this season, often helping coach the contestants.
Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony Developing Latin American Singing Competition Series With 'American Idol' Creator Simon Fuller
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement