Fox Filmed Entertainment co-chair Tom Rothman and Fox Animation Studios president Vanessa Morrison gave a presentation on the Ice Age franchise today to potential licensees and promotional partners. Besides talking about the origin of the relationship with animation house Blue Sky Studio, Morrison introduced the cast of the 2012 installment in the franchise, Ice Age: Continental Drift. Ray Romano is back as Manny; Queen Latifah returns as Ellie; Dennis Leary as Diego; John Leguizamo as Sid; Seann William Scott & Josh Peck as Crash & Eddie. New to the cast are Jeremy Renner, who will portray Gutt; Wanda Sykes as Granny; Aziz Ansari is Walter; Keke Palmer is Peaches; hip hop star Drake is Ethan; and Jennifer Lopez is Shira, a snow leopard (which falls under that overall Fox deal she made to be a judge on American Idol). Romano and Latifah told the story of the new movie to the potential licensees and promotional partners and showed pencil tests and rough early animation. Morrison also talked about the franchise’s record-breaking success, what the growth of the franchise has meant for Fox, a Christmas TV special in November titled Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas on Fox broadcasting, a multiplayer game online, a mobile game, and a possible Ice Age On Ice touring show. Gee, you’d think this was Disney…
Jennifer Lopez, Jeremy Renner, Wanda Sykes, & Drake Join Cast Of 2012 'Ice Age'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors
- Michael Rooker Signs Up For ‘The Belko Experiment'; Bai Ling To Have ‘Maximum Impact’