EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures is negotiating with Jeff Bridges to star with Ryan Reynolds in the Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy R.I.P.D. The Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay-scripted film centers on a police force comprised of undead officers, based on the Peter Lenkov comic. Zach Galifianakis was going to star but exited over uncertainty of when Reynolds would be able to make the film because of the option Warner Bros holds for a sequel to Green Lantern. Bridges, who won the Oscar for Crazy Heart, is booked to star in The Seventh Son for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. He’s repped by CAA and Schiff Co.
Jeff Bridges In Talks To Team With Ryan Reynolds In Corpse Comedy 'R.I.P.D'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Altitude Picks Up Peter Mackie Burns’ ‘Daphne’ Starring Emily Beecham
- Rachel Weisz Fights 'Denial', Shia LaBeouf Leads Mad Band Of Kids In 'American Honey' – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Sony Pictures Classics Acquires ‘Maudie’, Period Romancer Starring Sally Hawkins & Ethan Hawke
- ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Latest Paramount Pic To Bond With China
- ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Ellie Bamber Set For Disney’s ‘Nutcracker And The Four Realms’
- Fox Searchlight Bringing ‘A United Kingdom’ To North America