EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures is negotiating with Jeff Bridges to star with Ryan Reynolds in the Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy R.I.P.D. The Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay-scripted film centers on a police force comprised of undead officers, based on the Peter Lenkov comic. Zach Galifianakis was going to star but exited over uncertainty of when Reynolds would be able to make the film because of the option Warner Bros holds for a sequel to Green Lantern. Bridges, who won the Oscar for Crazy Heart, is booked to star in The Seventh Son for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. He’s repped by CAA and Schiff Co.
Jeff Bridges In Talks To Team With Ryan Reynolds In Corpse Comedy 'R.I.P.D'
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Bradley Cooper-Directed 'A Star Is Born' & Disney's 'Overnight On 42nd Street' Among 13 Films Picked For California Film Incentives
Latest Film News
- ‘London Has Fallen’ Helmer Babak Najafi, ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Scribes Unite On ‘Horizon Line…
- Leonardo DiCaprio On The Hard-Knock Film Education That Led To ‘The Revenant’: Q&A
- Alchemy And Arc Acquire ‘A Country Called Home’
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Trailer: Ralph Fiennes Flies His Freak Flag In Fox Searchlight Pic
- Julia Ormond Joins Peter Dinklage In ‘Rememory’
- Sundance Selects/IFC Films Ups Lisa Schwartz To Co-President