EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures is negotiating with Jeff Bridges to star with Ryan Reynolds in the Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy R.I.P.D. The Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay-scripted film centers on a police force comprised of undead officers, based on the Peter Lenkov comic. Zach Galifianakis was going to star but exited over uncertainty of when Reynolds would be able to make the film because of the option Warner Bros holds for a sequel to Green Lantern. Bridges, who won the Oscar for Crazy Heart, is booked to star in The Seventh Son for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. He’s repped by CAA and Schiff Co.
Jeff Bridges In Talks To Team With Ryan Reynolds In Corpse Comedy 'R.I.P.D'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Teyonah Parris In Talks To Star In ‘Buffalo Soldier Girl’ For Filmmaker Christine Swanson
- Idris Elba's Green Door Pictures Hires Ana Garanito As Head of Development
- Chip Smith, Former Al Gore Aide, Named EVP Public Affairs At 21st Century Fox
- Mila Kunis & Bryan Cranston Hit ‘Jackpot’; Will Gluck Directing With IM Global Financing – Cannes
- Trudie Styler & Abigail Breslin Named Greenwich Changemaker Honorees; SFIFF Golden Gate Winners – Festival Briefs
- Jennifer Lawrence Posts New Clip From ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’