For a third year in a row, MTV has gone with an NBC comedy actor for hosting duties at its movie awards. Saturday Night Live co-star Jason Sudeikis will make his debut as host of the 2011 MTV Movie Awards, the awards franchise’s 20th annual edition, which will air live June 5 from the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City. Last year, the ceremony was emceed by Parks and Recreation‘s Aziz Ansari, the year before by Sudeikis’ SNL cohort Andy Samberg. Returning as executive producer is Mark Burnett, who also presided over last year’s show, which became an F-bomb fest with more than 100 curse words, prompting MTV to issue an apology the next day.
Jason Sudeikis To Host MTV Movie Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete…