For a third year in a row, MTV has gone with an NBC comedy actor for hosting duties at its movie awards. Saturday Night Live co-star Jason Sudeikis will make his debut as host of the 2011 MTV Movie Awards, the awards franchise’s 20th annual edition, which will air live June 5 from the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City. Last year, the ceremony was emceed by Parks and Recreation‘s Aziz Ansari, the year before by Sudeikis’ SNL cohort Andy Samberg. Returning as executive producer is Mark Burnett, who also presided over last year’s show, which became an F-bomb fest with more than 100 curse words, prompting MTV to issue an apology the next day.
Jason Sudeikis To Host MTV Movie Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency