For a third year in a row, MTV has gone with an NBC comedy actor for hosting duties at its movie awards. Saturday Night Live co-star Jason Sudeikis will make his debut as host of the 2011 MTV Movie Awards, the awards franchise’s 20th annual edition, which will air live June 5 from the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City. Last year, the ceremony was emceed by Parks and Recreation‘s Aziz Ansari, the year before by Sudeikis’ SNL cohort Andy Samberg. Returning as executive producer is Mark Burnett, who also presided over last year’s show, which became an F-bomb fest with more than 100 curse words, prompting MTV to issue an apology the next day.
Jason Sudeikis To Host MTV Movie Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- ‘Angry Birds’ Get Happy With Day-And-Date China Bow
- ‘Warcraft’ Sets China Release Two Days Ahead Of U.S.: A Burgeoning Trend?
- Steve Papazian, Trusted Warner Bros. Veteran, Moves Into Consulting Capacity
- Angela Davis Biopic By ‘Shameless’ Scribe LaToya Morgan Acquired By The Firm
- Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz On Croisette For ‘Escobar’ – Cannes
- 20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale ‘Irredeemable’; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting