For a third year in a row, MTV has gone with an NBC comedy actor for hosting duties at its movie awards. Saturday Night Live co-star Jason Sudeikis will make his debut as host of the 2011 MTV Movie Awards, the awards franchise’s 20th annual edition, which will air live June 5 from the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City. Last year, the ceremony was emceed by Parks and Recreation‘s Aziz Ansari, the year before by Sudeikis’ SNL cohort Andy Samberg. Returning as executive producer is Mark Burnett, who also presided over last year’s show, which became an F-bomb fest with more than 100 curse words, prompting MTV to issue an apology the next day.
Jason Sudeikis To Host MTV Movie Awards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over