She was the first name bandied about for a judging gig on the American version of The X Factor when the series was announced in January 2010. Fourteen months later, speculation is still rampant whether the hugely popular judge on the British X Factor (but a virtual unknown in the U.S.) would join Cowell on the Fox show. Cowell has admitted that he’d been talking to the Girls Aloud singer, but the only other confirmed X Factor U.S. judge so far, Antonio “L.A.” Reid, reportedly went further. “We’re gonna compete against American Idol just fine,” Reid was quoted as saying to the British press. “I’m very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don’t know who the other judge is.” Reps for X Factor declined to comment on speculation. Other female singers rumored for an X Factor judging job include Mariah Carey, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
Is She Or Isn't She? More Speculation That Cheryl Cole Is Locked In For Fox's 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres