She was the first name bandied about for a judging gig on the American version of The X Factor when the series was announced in January 2010. Fourteen months later, speculation is still rampant whether the hugely popular judge on the British X Factor (but a virtual unknown in the U.S.) would join Cowell on the Fox show. Cowell has admitted that he’d been talking to the Girls Aloud singer, but the only other confirmed X Factor U.S. judge so far, Antonio “L.A.” Reid, reportedly went further. “We’re gonna compete against American Idol just fine,” Reid was quoted as saying to the British press. “I’m very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don’t know who the other judge is.” Reps for X Factor declined to comment on speculation. Other female singers rumored for an X Factor judging job include Mariah Carey, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
Is She Or Isn't She? More Speculation That Cheryl Cole Is Locked In For Fox's 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'