She was the first name bandied about for a judging gig on the American version of The X Factor when the series was announced in January 2010. Fourteen months later, speculation is still rampant whether the hugely popular judge on the British X Factor (but a virtual unknown in the U.S.) would join Cowell on the Fox show. Cowell has admitted that he’d been talking to the Girls Aloud singer, but the only other confirmed X Factor U.S. judge so far, Antonio “L.A.” Reid, reportedly went further. “We’re gonna compete against American Idol just fine,” Reid was quoted as saying to the British press. “I’m very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don’t know who the other judge is.” Reps for X Factor declined to comment on speculation. Other female singers rumored for an X Factor judging job include Mariah Carey, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
Is She Or Isn't She? More Speculation That Cheryl Cole Is Locked In For Fox's 'X Factor'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Fox Nabs Legal Drama From Alexandra Cunningham & Film 44 As Put Pilot
- Greg Garcia To Produce NBC Comedy With Sebastian Maniscalco Eyed To Star
- 'Bachelor Party' Comedy Series Inspired By Movie Set At ABC As Put Pilot
- Julie Anne Robinson Sells Drama With Shondaland, 'No Angels' Comedy Adaptation With Amblin To ABC
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Neal Baer & Alexandra McNally
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Full-Season Orders At CW