She was the first name bandied about for a judging gig on the American version of The X Factor when the series was announced in January 2010. Fourteen months later, speculation is still rampant whether the hugely popular judge on the British X Factor (but a virtual unknown in the U.S.) would join Cowell on the Fox show. Cowell has admitted that he’d been talking to the Girls Aloud singer, but the only other confirmed X Factor U.S. judge so far, Antonio “L.A.” Reid, reportedly went further. “We’re gonna compete against American Idol just fine,” Reid was quoted as saying to the British press. “I’m very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don’t know who the other judge is.” Reps for X Factor declined to comment on speculation. Other female singers rumored for an X Factor judging job include Mariah Carey, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
Is She Or Isn't She? More Speculation That Cheryl Cole Is Locked In For Fox's 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…