She was the first name bandied about for a judging gig on the American version of The X Factor when the series was announced in January 2010. Fourteen months later, speculation is still rampant whether the hugely popular judge on the British X Factor (but a virtual unknown in the U.S.) would join Cowell on the Fox show. Cowell has admitted that he’d been talking to the Girls Aloud singer, but the only other confirmed X Factor U.S. judge so far, Antonio “L.A.” Reid, reportedly went further. “We’re gonna compete against American Idol just fine,” Reid was quoted as saying to the British press. “I’m very confident. But along with Simon Cowell and Cheryl, I don’t know who the other judge is.” Reps for X Factor declined to comment on speculation. Other female singers rumored for an X Factor judging job include Mariah Carey, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
Is She Or Isn't She? More Speculation That Cheryl Cole Is Locked In For Fox's 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- BBC TV Chief Danny Cohen To Exit; Pursuing New Leadership Challenge
- Big Names Perform Unproduced Scripts By Welles, Hitchcock & Others On BBC Radio – Global Briefs
- Snapchat To Shut Down Snap Channel, Laying Off Team, Changing Content Plans
- Men Have Most Fun Discussing ‘The Affair’ — New York PaleyFest
- Felicity Huffman To Produce & Possibly Star In ABC Fashion Biz Comedic Drama
- Donald Trump Wins Stephen Colbert’s Third Week As ‘Late Show’ Host In L+7