Hollywood’s track record for turning video and computer games into movies is spotty. Top titles like Halo and Bioshock got halted along the way, and many of the hottest games don’t even get set up for films because game designers won’t sell them. But Paramount Pictures found a smart way to tap into the gaming audience for its JJ Abrams-directed alien film Super 8. Every geek on earth last night was playing the Valve game Portal 2, and the studio inserted this interactive trailer to the film. I’m told that the execution was nothing to brag about. It wasn’t really interactive and you you couldn’t jump or move around that freely. But transferring the action to vidgame graphics, putting gamers inside the train car that crashes and unleashes the alien, and getting that crowd excited about the film was certainly thinking outside the box. Here’s the trailer as gamers saw it:
Hot Interactive Teaser: 'Super 8'
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest Film News
- It’s Official: Woody Allen’s ‘Wonder Wheel’ Will Close New York Film Festival
- ‘The Tiger Hunter’ Trailer & Release Date: Lena Khan Comedy From Shout! Factory – Update
- ‘Suburbicon’ Trailer: Matt Damon & The Mob In George Clooney’s Venice-Bound Noir
- NBCU’s Steve Burke Is “Skeptical” About OTT, Crows About Upfront Sales
- Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins – Full List
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Helps Comcast Top Q2 Earnings Expectations, Video Subs Lag