Hollywood’s track record for turning video and computer games into movies is spotty. Top titles like Halo and Bioshock got halted along the way, and many of the hottest games don’t even get set up for films because game designers won’t sell them. But Paramount Pictures found a smart way to tap into the gaming audience for its JJ Abrams-directed alien film Super 8. Every geek on earth last night was playing the Valve game Portal 2, and the studio inserted this interactive trailer to the film. I’m told that the execution was nothing to brag about. It wasn’t really interactive and you you couldn’t jump or move around that freely. But transferring the action to vidgame graphics, putting gamers inside the train car that crashes and unleashes the alien, and getting that crowd excited about the film was certainly thinking outside the box. Here’s the trailer as gamers saw it:
Hot Interactive Teaser: 'Super 8'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…