Graham King’s GK-tv and Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment have partnered to develop and produce Port Royal, an hourlong series based on an original idea by Hurd. Set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica, the series will chronicle the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. Executive producing the project are Hurd, King, GK-tv’s Craig Cegielski and GK Films’ Tim Headington. Hurd exec produces AMC hit The Walking Dead. GK-tv’s first series, Camelot, premiered on Starz on Friday and will have a screening at MIPTV tomorrow.
Graham King and Gale Anne Hurd To Produce Pirate Drama Series Project
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres