Lionsgate and director Gary Ross have tapped another young face for a key role in The Hunger Games. He set newcomer Willow Shields to play Primrose Everdeen, sister of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence). It is Primrose who originally gets selected to participate in The Hunger Games. She would get mauled by the competition, and her older sister, an expert archer, takes her place.
Gary Ross Finds Newcomer For Prim Role
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'