EXCLUSIVE: Great news for flash mob fans. Fox has picked up Howie Mandel’s reality special Mobbed to series with an eight-episode order. The order follows the solid ratings performance of the special last night. Airing behind American Idol, Mobbed, which featured an elaborate surprise marriage proposal involving a large group of singers and dancers, drew a 3.8/10 in adults 18-49 and 10.8 million viewers, scoring the largest audience and the highest 18-49 retention for a reality show airing after Idol in two years. Based on a format created by Mandel, Darryl Trell and Howard Kitrosser, Mobbed puts a hidden-camera spin on the “flash mob” phenomenon (large groups of people suddenly showing up in public places to perform a pre-rehearsed dance number). It features people throwing elaborate surprises for friends, family members, loved ones or co-workers. Mobbed is produced by Alevy Productions and Angel City Factory. Mandel, Trell, Kitrosser, Chris Cowan, Jean-Michel Michenaud, Michael Rotenberg, Mike Marks and Kevin Healey are executive producing.
Fox Picks Up 'Mobbed' Reality Special To Series With 8-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis