EXCLUSIVE: Great news for flash mob fans. Fox has picked up Howie Mandel’s reality special Mobbed to series with an eight-episode order. The order follows the solid ratings performance of the special last night. Airing behind American Idol, Mobbed, which featured an elaborate surprise marriage proposal involving a large group of singers and dancers, drew a 3.8/10 in adults 18-49 and 10.8 million viewers, scoring the largest audience and the highest 18-49 retention for a reality show airing after Idol in two years. Based on a format created by Mandel, Darryl Trell and Howard Kitrosser, Mobbed puts a hidden-camera spin on the “flash mob” phenomenon (large groups of people suddenly showing up in public places to perform a pre-rehearsed dance number). It features people throwing elaborate surprises for friends, family members, loved ones or co-workers. Mobbed is produced by Alevy Productions and Angel City Factory. Mandel, Trell, Kitrosser, Chris Cowan, Jean-Michel Michenaud, Michael Rotenberg, Mike Marks and Kevin Healey are executive producing.
Fox Picks Up 'Mobbed' Reality Special To Series With 8-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles