EXCLUSIVE: Great news for flash mob fans. Fox has picked up Howie Mandel’s reality special Mobbed to series with an eight-episode order. The order follows the solid ratings performance of the special last night. Airing behind American Idol, Mobbed, which featured an elaborate surprise marriage proposal involving a large group of singers and dancers, drew a 3.8/10 in adults 18-49 and 10.8 million viewers, scoring the largest audience and the highest 18-49 retention for a reality show airing after Idol in two years. Based on a format created by Mandel, Darryl Trell and Howard Kitrosser, Mobbed puts a hidden-camera spin on the “flash mob” phenomenon (large groups of people suddenly showing up in public places to perform a pre-rehearsed dance number). It features people throwing elaborate surprises for friends, family members, loved ones or co-workers. Mobbed is produced by Alevy Productions and Angel City Factory. Mandel, Trell, Kitrosser, Chris Cowan, Jean-Michel Michenaud, Michael Rotenberg, Mike Marks and Kevin Healey are executive producing.
Fox Picks Up 'Mobbed' Reality Special To Series With 8-Episode Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016