Universal announced today it has made a two-year term deal with Fast Five screenwriter Chris Morgan, who also penned the studio’s hits The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift, Fast & Furious, and Wanted. Morgan most recently penned Universal’s upcoming 3D epic action-adventure 47 Ronin, starring Keanu Reeves and Hiroyuki Sanada. The production agreement includes a first-look deal. He is already started on the script for the sixth installment of the Fast And Furious franchise. “Universal has been an amazing partner during the past few years,” Morgan said in the statement. “The confidence and support I’ve received from Adam Fogelson, Donna Langley and Jeff Kirschenbaum have meant so much to me professionally, and even more so personally. I’m incredibly excited by this evolution of our relationship and look forward to producing many great films together.” Uni co-chairman Donna Langley called Morgan “a talented and collaborative partner.” Morgan is currently assembling his production team, which will be housed on the Universal lot. He is currently developing three projects to produce: The Eye of the World, with Universal; The Vatican Tapes, with Lionsgate; and Heatseekers, with Platinum Dunes at Paramount.
'Fast Five' Writer Gets Uni Production Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin