Commercials production house Tool has hired former UTA agent Rio Hernandez to oversee an expansion into the film and TV business. Hernandez will take the title of Head of Feature Film and TV Development. Hernandez spent 6 years at UTA before leaving last summer. She started in the commercial business at Propaganda, and after that gravitated to film production. She worked in New York for Steve Buscemi, David O. Russell, Julia Roberts and Harvey Keitel before becoming an exec for producer Barry Mendel.
Ex-UTA Agent Rio Hernandez Spearheads Film/TV Expansion For Commercial Producer Tool
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’