Elton John hosted Saturday Night Live last night with help from several guest stars like Tom Hanks, who appeared in three skits, including one that featured John presiding over an emergency meeting of Knights of the Realm (aka knighted British celebrities) mulling ways to thwart a dragon attack on London. “When artists put their souls together they can accomplish anything,” says Andy Samberg as Bono. “Except a Spider-Man musical,” retorts John before crooning “Can you smell a bomb tonight” to the tune of one of the songs from his blockbuster musical The Lion King, which was directed by the same helmer that was recently fired by Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark, Julie Taymor.
Elton John Takes Swipe At 'Spider-Man' Musical: “Can You Smell A Bomb Tonight?”
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era