EXCLUSIVE: Ed Decter and John Strauss, creators/executive producers of Sony Pictures TV’s hourlong pilot for A&E Big Mike, have signed a two-year overall deal with Sony. Outside of the deal, which starts in June, the co-writers of There’s Something About Mary serve as executive producers on In Plain Sight. They joined the USA Network/Universal Cable Prods. drama series at the start of Season 4, which begins airing May 1, and are set to continue at the helm of the show for one more season. (IPS was given a two-year pickup after Season 3.) Decter and Strauss’ services on the USA series will not interfere with their duties under the Sony deal, including on Big Mike, whose pilot is currently filming in Florida. The project, co-produced by Happy Madison, stars Greg Grunberg as the title character, a plus-sized detective and a force of nature in the San Diego PD. WME-repped Decter and Strauss’ writing credits also include the two Santa Claus sequels and the 2007 NBC pilot The Watch.
Ed Decter & John Strauss Sign Overall Deal With Sony Pictures Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”
- ABC Buys Small-Town Family Comedy From ‘Life In Pieces’ Duo
- Discovery And Scripps Shareholders Approve Pending $14.6 Billion Merger
- Al Franken Accuser Reads Letter Of Apology She Received, On ‘The View’