EXCLUSIVE: Ed Decter and John Strauss, creators/executive producers of Sony Pictures TV’s hourlong pilot for A&E Big Mike, have signed a two-year overall deal with Sony. Outside of the deal, which starts in June, the co-writers of There’s Something About Mary serve as executive producers on In Plain Sight. They joined the USA Network/Universal Cable Prods. drama series at the start of Season 4, which begins airing May 1, and are set to continue at the helm of the show for one more season. (IPS was given a two-year pickup after Season 3.) Decter and Strauss’ services on the USA series will not interfere with their duties under the Sony deal, including on Big Mike, whose pilot is currently filming in Florida. The project, co-produced by Happy Madison, stars Greg Grunberg as the title character, a plus-sized detective and a force of nature in the San Diego PD. WME-repped Decter and Strauss’ writing credits also include the two Santa Claus sequels and the 2007 NBC pilot The Watch.
Ed Decter & John Strauss Sign Overall Deal With Sony Pictures Television
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series