EXCLUSIVE: Ed Decter and John Strauss, creators/executive producers of Sony Pictures TV’s hourlong pilot for A&E Big Mike, have signed a two-year overall deal with Sony. Outside of the deal, which starts in June, the co-writers of There’s Something About Mary serve as executive producers on In Plain Sight. They joined the USA Network/Universal Cable Prods. drama series at the start of Season 4, which begins airing May 1, and are set to continue at the helm of the show for one more season. (IPS was given a two-year pickup after Season 3.) Decter and Strauss’ services on the USA series will not interfere with their duties under the Sony deal, including on Big Mike, whose pilot is currently filming in Florida. The project, co-produced by Happy Madison, stars Greg Grunberg as the title character, a plus-sized detective and a force of nature in the San Diego PD. WME-repped Decter and Strauss’ writing credits also include the two Santa Claus sequels and the 2007 NBC pilot The Watch.
Ed Decter & John Strauss Sign Overall Deal With Sony Pictures Television
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Latest TV News
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Notches Another Series High As It Nears April 2 Finale
- Miles Teller To Star In Nicolas Winding Refn’s Amazon Series ‘Too Old To Die Young’
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike
- ‘Westworld’: Louis Herthum Upped To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘True Detective’: David Milch In Talks To Join Nic Pizzolatto For Potential Season 3 On HBO