After scripting such films as David Cronenberg’s Eastern Promises and Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, Steven Knight is set to make his directorial debut on his script Hummingbird. The film is set at Shine Pictures, the movie arm of Liz Murdoch’s Shine Group. Hummingbird follows a damaged ex-Special Forces soldier who finds himself trapped in the criminal underworld and assumes another man’s identity to exact revenge. 20th Century Fox will release this New Regency-financed thriller worldwide. Casting is under way on the project, which is expected to start shooting this fall. Paul Webster, who recently stepped down as Shine’s head of film, will co-produce alongside Shine, New Regency and Tracey Seaward (The Queen). Knight, Webster and Seaward worked together before on Eastern Promises. Ollie Madden from Warner Bros Entertainment UK will replace Webster as Shine’s head of film in May. Shine’s current slate includes The Gray Man, an adaptation of Mark Greaney’s thriller; Eastern Promises 2; and an adaptation of Swedish bestselling thriller 3 Seconds, with writer Matt Cook attached.
‘Eastern Promises’ Writer To Make Directing Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner
- Neve Campbell Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’