After scripting such films as David Cronenberg’s Eastern Promises and Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, Steven Knight is set to make his directorial debut on his script Hummingbird. The film is set at Shine Pictures, the movie arm of Liz Murdoch’s Shine Group. Hummingbird follows a damaged ex-Special Forces soldier who finds himself trapped in the criminal underworld and assumes another man’s identity to exact revenge. 20th Century Fox will release this New Regency-financed thriller worldwide. Casting is under way on the project, which is expected to start shooting this fall. Paul Webster, who recently stepped down as Shine’s head of film, will co-produce alongside Shine, New Regency and Tracey Seaward (The Queen). Knight, Webster and Seaward worked together before on Eastern Promises. Ollie Madden from Warner Bros Entertainment UK will replace Webster as Shine’s head of film in May. Shine’s current slate includes The Gray Man, an adaptation of Mark Greaney’s thriller; Eastern Promises 2; and an adaptation of Swedish bestselling thriller 3 Seconds, with writer Matt Cook attached.
‘Eastern Promises’ Writer To Make Directing Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon
- John Doman Joins ‘Hard Powder’; Alessandra Ambrosio Returns For ‘Daddy’s Home’ Sequel