The sixth-season premiere of Doctor Who drew 1.3 million on BBC America on Saturday to become the cable channel’s most-watched telecast ever. It was up 6% from the previous record holder, Doctor Who‘s season premiere last year. Meanwhile, in the U.K., Doctor Who posted 6.5 million viewers for its season debut Saturday, down 17% from last season’s premiere.
'Dr. Who' Premiere Sets Ratings Record For BBC America
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot