Dish Network has taken another swipe at Netflix with the announcement today that it has partnered with HBO and Cinemax to give its subscribers access to HBO Go and Max Go — premium-channel content that isn’t available on Netflix’s streaming service. Dish customers who subscribe to HBO or Cinemax can instantly watch nearly all of the premium channels’ programming at DishOnline.com, including movies like Avatar. It’s the latest play by the satellite company, which is finalizing its acquisition of bankrupt video-rental chain Blockbuster, a deal that is expected to help Dish compete against Netflix. The sale was supposed to close as early as today, but Dish wants more time to decide which store leases to keep.
DishOnline Adds HBO & Cinemax Content Not Available to Netflix
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions