Discovery announced today that it is renaming its HD Theater cable network Velocity, which they plan to position as “an upscale male lifestyle network” with automotive, sports and leisure, adventure and travel programming. Current HD Theater series like Inside West Coast Customs, Mecum Auto Auctions and Chasing Classic Cars will help anchor the new channel’s primetime lineup. The switchover, planned for fourth-quarter 2011, will put Velocity in about 40 million homes. “Velocity continues Discovery’s tradition of maximizing the value of each of its cable platforms; it is going to be a game-changer when it officially joins our portfolio of U.S. networks later this year,” said David Zaslav, President and CEO of Discovery Communications. “As the first network devoted to the upscale men’s market, Velocity will be a hub for viewers within this key demographic, as well as the wealth of advertisers that target them.”
Discovery Readies Channel Rebrand With Velocity
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video