Discovery Communications has signed non-exclusive deals with Shine Group, All3Media and WTFN as part of the launch of a new virtual global unit of its production arm Discovery Studios focused on developing big content franchises. Under the pacts, Discovery Studios will work with the three companies to develop and commission original lifestyle, specialist, factual and general entertainment formats for Discovery’s networks around the world including Discovery Channel and TLC. The deal also includes pilot commitments for the three companies. Discovery Studios has been aggressive in signing unscripted producers, recently announcing overall deals with Eddie Barbini (Dirty Jobs), Rob Hammersly (Mythbusters) and Daniel Soiseth (Hell’s Kitchen).
Discovery Launches Virtual Global Unit, Inks Deals With Shine, All3Media & WTFN
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump’s Not Racist, Sarah Sanders Assures Us, Citing ‘The Apprentice’
- PBS CEO Paula Kerger Takes Questions On Charlie Rose, Tavis Smiley At TCA
- Matt Damon Tells ‘Today’ He’s Sorry For Sexual Assault Comments: “Wish I’d Listened A Lot More Before I Weighed In”…
- Fox Television Stations Renew ‘Page Six TV’ Through 2018-2019 Season
- ‘Nicky Jam: El Ganador’ Bio-Series To Premiere On Netflix
- HBO, ‘Real Housewives’ Among Winners At Reality Breakthrough Awards — NATPE