The Venice International Film Festival announced today that director Darren Aronofsky, whose Oscar-nominated Black Swan opened last year’s festival, will be the president of the international jury at the 68th fest, set for Aug. 31-Sept. 10. His jury will preside over the competition films and award the Golden Lion for best film — an honor he took there in 2008 with The Wrestler.
Darren Aronofsky To Head Venice Jury
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years