The Venice International Film Festival announced today that director Darren Aronofsky, whose Oscar-nominated Black Swan opened last year’s festival, will be the president of the international jury at the 68th fest, set for Aug. 31-Sept. 10. His jury will preside over the competition films and award the Golden Lion for best film — an honor he took there in 2008 with The Wrestler.
Darren Aronofsky To Head Venice Jury
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE