The Venice International Film Festival announced today that director Darren Aronofsky, whose Oscar-nominated Black Swan opened last year’s festival, will be the president of the international jury at the 68th fest, set for Aug. 31-Sept. 10. His jury will preside over the competition films and award the Golden Lion for best film — an honor he took there in 2008 with The Wrestler.
Darren Aronofsky To Head Venice Jury
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Walking Dead' Producer Among Four Joining AMPAS Sci-Tech Council
- ABC 'World News Tonight' Wins Premiere Week In News Demo; NBC Nightly News Wins With Total Viewers
- Kenny Smith Family Reality Series Joins TBS Starting Lineup
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza