Craig Gillespie will soon be set as director of Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, Lionsgate’s adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that enhanced the Jane Austen classic with a smattering of flesh-eating walking corpses. Now, Gillespie has been a frontrunner on the Lionsgate project since Mike White dropped out. But several other candidates were considered, including the author and his partner, David Katzenberg. I’m told that the other aspirants have been informed that Gillespie will be getting the gig and that he’ll begin negotiating soon. Gillespie, who helmed Lars and the Real Girl, most recently wrapped the remake Fright Night for DreamWorks, with Colin Farrell in the bloodsucker role.
Craig Gillespie Poised To Direct 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Samuel Goldwyn, AMBI To Release ‘This Beautiful Fantastic’ In 2017
- CAA Signs Johnny Depp, Ending Long Run At UTA
- Gravitas Nabs Psychological Horror Film ‘City Of Dead Men,’ Releases Trailer
- ‘Shameless’ Actor Cameron Monaghan Set To Star In ‘The White Devil’
- Howard Davies Dies; Helen Mirren Lauds Acclaimed British Theater Director
- Catherine Keener Joins Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin In ‘Sicario’ Sequel ‘Soldado’