Craig Gillespie will soon be set as director of Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, Lionsgate’s adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that enhanced the Jane Austen classic with a smattering of flesh-eating walking corpses. Now, Gillespie has been a frontrunner on the Lionsgate project since Mike White dropped out. But several other candidates were considered, including the author and his partner, David Katzenberg. I’m told that the other aspirants have been informed that Gillespie will be getting the gig and that he’ll begin negotiating soon. Gillespie, who helmed Lars and the Real Girl, most recently wrapped the remake Fright Night for DreamWorks, with Colin Farrell in the bloodsucker role.
Craig Gillespie Poised To Direct 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Film News
- Tom Cruise Stunt Injury Shuts Down ‘M:I 6 – Mission Impossible’
- Indie Comedy ‘The Truth About Lies’ Scores Deal With Newcomer Blue Fox
- Nicole Kidman On ‘Big Little Lies’, Kubrick And Taking Chances: “I Don't Approach Things From That Safe Place”…
- Universal, Channing Tatum, Michael De Luca Tap ‘Bloodlines’
- Ruth Ware’s ‘The Lying Game’ Picked Up By The Gotham Group
- Paramount Stakes Graham King GK Films To 3-Year First Look