Craig Gillespie will soon be set as director of Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, Lionsgate’s adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that enhanced the Jane Austen classic with a smattering of flesh-eating walking corpses. Now, Gillespie has been a frontrunner on the Lionsgate project since Mike White dropped out. But several other candidates were considered, including the author and his partner, David Katzenberg. I’m told that the other aspirants have been informed that Gillespie will be getting the gig and that he’ll begin negotiating soon. Gillespie, who helmed Lars and the Real Girl, most recently wrapped the remake Fright Night for DreamWorks, with Colin Farrell in the bloodsucker role.
Craig Gillespie Poised To Direct 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji’ Trailer: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black Go Avatar In New Clip
- ‘Breathe’ Trailer: Andy Serkis-Helmed Pic Starring Andrew Garfield & Claire Foy To Open London Film Festival
- SAG-AFTRA Members Tout “Solidarity” After Informational Meeting
- CAA Signs Oscar- & Emmy-Winning Writer-Director Aaron Sorkin
- ‘My Little Pony’ Trailer: There’s Trouble In Ponyville, But The Mane 6 Are On The Case
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat