Craig Gillespie will soon be set as director of Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, Lionsgate’s adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that enhanced the Jane Austen classic with a smattering of flesh-eating walking corpses. Now, Gillespie has been a frontrunner on the Lionsgate project since Mike White dropped out. But several other candidates were considered, including the author and his partner, David Katzenberg. I’m told that the other aspirants have been informed that Gillespie will be getting the gig and that he’ll begin negotiating soon. Gillespie, who helmed Lars and the Real Girl, most recently wrapped the remake Fright Night for DreamWorks, with Colin Farrell in the bloodsucker role.
Craig Gillespie Poised To Direct 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Tops Overseas Again As ‘Magnificent 7’ Corrals $19.2M & ‘Storks’ Bundles $18.3M – Intl…
- 'Best Democracy' Rules, ‘Queen Of Katwe’ Bows: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Magnificent Seven’s $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; ‘Storks’ At $21.8M – Sunday AM B.O…
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb Pro From Listing Actors' Ages
- Bill Nunn Dies: ‘Do The Right Thing’ And ‘Spider-Man’ Trilogy Actor Was 62
- Antoine Fuqua On ‘Magnificent Seven,’ ‘Scarface’ And How One Black Director Made The A-List