Universal Pictures has teased its Jon Favreau-directed Daniel Craig/Harrison Ford starrer Cowboys & Aliens all over the place, but the studio just announced it will reveal the first full-length trailer during the April 14 telecast of American Idol. The studio’s buying commercial time for the trailer. After that, Universal will put the trailer online through Apple to be gobbled up by every website. Networks get paid by studios to advertise their films, while websites treat every trailer as a news story.
'Cowboys & Aliens' To Debut First Full-Length Trailer During 'American Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comcast NBCU To Take Full Ownership Of Universal Studios Japan For $2.3B
- Jimmy Kimmel’s Late-Night Oscar Explainer Pops In Ratings
- Bart & Fleming: One Of Us Can’t Get Past The Idea A Tweeting Accountant Destroyed Oscar
- ‘Resident Evil’ Rocks China; Crosses $100M Monday After Record Debut – International Box Office
- BBC’s ‘Gunpowder’ Adds Cast; Studiocanal Promotes Anna Marsh – Global Briefs
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”