Universal Pictures has teased its Jon Favreau-directed Daniel Craig/Harrison Ford starrer Cowboys & Aliens all over the place, but the studio just announced it will reveal the first full-length trailer during the April 14 telecast of American Idol. The studio’s buying commercial time for the trailer. After that, Universal will put the trailer online through Apple to be gobbled up by every website. Networks get paid by studios to advertise their films, while websites treat every trailer as a news story.
'Cowboys & Aliens' To Debut First Full-Length Trailer During 'American Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Peter Bart: Studios Bust Budgets Of Horror Genre, Hoping Monsters Will Be Monster Hits
- Disney’s Bob Iger On ‘Pirates’ Ransom Demand: “To Our Knowledge We Were Not Hacked”
- Lionsgate Q4 Beats Street With Higher Earnings & Revenue
- Bona Film Group & CAA Say They Are Partnering On Film Fund Worth $150M
- Blake Lively To Star In ‘The Husband’s Secret’ For CBS Films
- Eva Longoria Joins ‘Overboard’ Remake From MGM & Pantelion Films