Universal Pictures has teased its Jon Favreau-directed Daniel Craig/Harrison Ford starrer Cowboys & Aliens all over the place, but the studio just announced it will reveal the first full-length trailer during the April 14 telecast of American Idol. The studio’s buying commercial time for the trailer. After that, Universal will put the trailer online through Apple to be gobbled up by every website. Networks get paid by studios to advertise their films, while websites treat every trailer as a news story.
'Cowboys & Aliens' To Debut First Full-Length Trailer During 'American Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Jessica Chastain Circling ‘It’ Sequel, Just As Team Muschietti Planned
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Case: Director Randall Miller Asks Court To Drop CA Supervision
- ‘Change In The Air’, Starring ‘Mrs. Maisel’s Rachel Brosnahan, Floats To Screen Media – Berlin
- Lionsgate’s Execs Erik Feig, Patrick Wachsberger Likely To Leave Motion Pictures Department
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules
- Bart & Fleming: One Of Us Has Oscar Vote And Is Reluctant To Cast It On A Netflix Film