Universal Pictures has teased its Jon Favreau-directed Daniel Craig/Harrison Ford starrer Cowboys & Aliens all over the place, but the studio just announced it will reveal the first full-length trailer during the April 14 telecast of American Idol. The studio’s buying commercial time for the trailer. After that, Universal will put the trailer online through Apple to be gobbled up by every website. Networks get paid by studios to advertise their films, while websites treat every trailer as a news story.
'Cowboys & Aliens' To Debut First Full-Length Trailer During 'American Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
Women's March: "Day 1!" Says America Ferrera; Scarlett Johansson Pleads For Planned Parenthood - UPDATE
Latest Film News
- Ewan McGregor Replacing Charlie Hunnam In Drake Doremus-Directed ‘Zoe’
- Kristen Stewart On Her “Masochistic” Directorial Debut ‘Come Swim’: “It’s Not A Small Movie”…
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2017 – Day 1 – Kristen Stewart, Ted Sarandos, Jason Ritter, Carlos Santana & More
- Cyberattack Shuts Down Sundance Box Office, Internet Down In Park City (Update)
- ‘Lady Macbeth’ Star Florence Pugh & Director William Oldroyd On This Year’s British Indie Triumph…
- 'Roxanne Roxanne’: Deadline's Sundance Series Panel Livestream