Comedy Central has signed up-and-coming comedians Adam Nee and Ryan Judd to develop, write, direct and star in a half-hour project. Titled Geniuses, it is based on a spec pilot Nee and Judd did last year and took to the cable network. It centers on two hapless friends, Johnny (Nee) and Sterling (Judd), who have been blissfully skating through life from job to job and vying for their neighbor Margot’s attention. Realizing that life may be passing them by, they decide to grow up and become responsible adults. Armed with their own naiveté and little knowledge about how the real world works, Johnny and Sterling set out on their misguided adventures to impress Margot and achieve grown-up success. Nee and Judd have been getting attention for their Funny or Die web series Clark Kent Has a Dream. Below is the latest, fourth webisode — featuring Criminal Mindsco-star Matthew Gray Gubler as Green Lantern — which has just been posted:
Comedy Central Developing 'Geniuses' Comedy With Adam Nee And Ryan Judd
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate