Cinemax has picked up to series action-crime series The Sector, from Ridley and Tony Scott’s Scott Free Prods. The project was created and written by Aaron Benay and Matthew Benay, with former Criminal Minds executive producer/showrunner Simon Mirren on board as exec producer/showrunner. The Sector had been in development at Cinemax with Anne Thomopoluos for several months. Now it’s going forward, with German production company Tandem Communications set to produce with Scott Free. The Sector is described as an action-crime series in the vein of Blade Runner and District 9 which tracks the commander of a paramilitary unit who pursues a dangerous new race of genetically-enhanced humans. Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Anne Thomopoulos, Rola Bauer, David W. Zucker and Jonas Bauer are exec producing. This is the third straight-to-series pickup at Cinemax in the past couple of months following Strike Back and The Transporter.
Cinemax Orders Action Series From Scott Free
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?
- AMC Sets Late-Night Talk Show Hosted By Kevin Smith & Greg Grunberg
- ‘11.22.63’ Review: Hulu’s James Franco JFK Series Full Of Time-Travel Twists
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 6 First Images: You Know Nothing (About) Jon Snow
- ‘Containment’, ‘Reign’, ‘Beauty & The Beast’ Get Midseason Premiere Dates On The CW