EXCLUSIVE: Chris Colfer is one of the best tune-ins for Fox’s Glee and is sure to be considered for an Emmy. But he’s multi-talented: Not only has he scripting an indie movie shooting this summer, but I’ve learned he has penned a pilot that the Disney Channel is about to shoot. It’s called The Little Leftover Witch, based on a children’s book of the same name by Florence Laughlin. The series would be about a little witch who was taken in by a family after crash-landing from her broom. The book was originally optioned by Rick Fine, the husband of Colfer’s Coast To Coast agent Meredith Fine, who brought the property to Chris to adapt. This is one busy guy even though he only turns 21 this May. After wrapping production on Glee this spring, Colfer joins the cast on tour and then returns to star in the indie feature Struck By Lightning, which he also wrote and which Brian Dannelly (Saved) is set to direct. He will then return for the third season of Glee this fall. Colfer is also repped by Inphenate and attorney Derek Kroeger.
Chris Colfer Sells Pilot To Disney Channel
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- Chiefs Win Sees ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Fall, ‘Pitch’ Up, ‘Notorious’ Low
- Cinemax Returns To Action, Pulpy Series & Co-Prods In New Programming Strategy
- 21st Century Fox Reaches Preliminary Deal To Acquire UK’s Sky
- Hulu Acquires Streaming Rights To Louis C.K.’s ‘Horace and Pete’
- Funny Or Die Alum Kellyn Parker Joins Comedy Central In VP Role
- Nick Styne Leaving CAA To Form Management/Production Venture