Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker Charles Ferguson (Inside Job) has come on board to direct HBO Films’ movie about Julian Assange should it be greenlighted for production. The project, a co-production with the BBC, is based on source material that includes Raffi Khatchadourian’s June 7, 2010, article in The New Yorker No Secrets: Julian Assange’s Mission for Total Transparency, which takes an in-depth look at Assange and follows him and his WikiLeaks operatives as they prepare to leak a 38-minute classified video filmed from inside of the cockpit of an U.S. Army Apache Helicopter. The film is being executive produced by Joshua Maurer and Alixandre Witlin of City Entertainment and David Stern of KippSter Entertainment. Ferguson will also produce with producing partner Audrey Marrs. A writer for the project is expected to be locked in soon. This marks the first narrative project for Ferguson, who is also eying a transition to feature film directing. In addition to Inside Job, he wrote, directed and produced the Oscar-nominated documentary No End in Sight.
Charles Ferguson Attached To Direct HBO's Julian Assange Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Continues Blockbuster’s Fatal Year-End Tradition
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood