Catherine Zeta-Jones has been set to play a new role that has been created especially for the movie version of the Adam Shankman-directed Rock of Ages for New Line. She’ll play the wife of the mayor of Los Angeles, a conservative character out to do away with rock and roll. “There are so many plotlines in the piece, we thought it would be fun to create a villain, and a cultural discussion point,” Shankman told Deadline. “She’s the moral majority person, kind of like if Tipper Gore and Anita Bryant had a love child in that era. To have a great actress who won an actress in this genre with Chicago is wonderful.” Prudishness aside, Zeta-Jones gets to take part in the 80s rock anthems. She will sing Pat Benatar’s Hit Me With Your Best Shot and Twisted Sister’s We’re Not Gonna Take It. Shankman will finish casting shortly. He needs the journalist who beds down with Tom Cruise’s decadent rocker Stacee Jaxx (Amy Adams couldn’t do it because of Man of Steel) and now he needs an actor to play the mayor.
Catherine Zeta-Jones Takes On 'Rock Of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest Film News
- Woody Harrelson’s One-Night, One-Take, Live Directorial Gamble Pays Off – Deadline Disruptors
- ‘The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun…
- Annapurna To Jump Start France, Italy, Japan Output Deals With ‘Detroit’ – Cannes
- ‘Teen Wolf’ Star Tyler Posey, Violett Beane & More Are Game For ‘Truth Or Dare’ From Blumhouse
- Ryan Eggold's Tribeca Film ‘Literally, Right Before Aaron’ Lands At Screen Media
- Awards Consultant Lisa Taback On The Evolving Art Of Oscar Strategy – Deadline Disruptors