The 64th annual Cannes Film Festival doesn’t announce its Official Selection until Thursday, but the French daily Le Figaro is reporting that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment in the Disney franchise, will play at the fest May 14 — a move that would assure red-carpet appearances from Cannes favorites and Pirates stars Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz. (The film’s world premiere is May 7 at Disneyland.) So far, the only announced movie in the lineup is Woody Allen’s opening-night film Midnight in Paris, set for May 11. Last month, Deadline confirmed that Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life will premiere on the Croisette, most likely in an out-of-competition slot. The festival runs May 11-22.
Cannes To Be First Port For 'Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC