The 64th annual Cannes Film Festival doesn’t announce its Official Selection until Thursday, but the French daily Le Figaro is reporting that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment in the Disney franchise, will play at the fest May 14 — a move that would assure red-carpet appearances from Cannes favorites and Pirates stars Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz. (The film’s world premiere is May 7 at Disneyland.) So far, the only announced movie in the lineup is Woody Allen’s opening-night film Midnight in Paris, set for May 11. Last month, Deadline confirmed that Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life will premiere on the Croisette, most likely in an out-of-competition slot. The festival runs May 11-22.
Cannes To Be First Port For 'Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Latest Film News
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike
- More Films Are Now Released Than Rated: Just A Blip, Or Digital Disruption?
- Bart & Fleming: Johnny Depp, Natalie Portman Drive Tempting Packages As Strike Talk Looms
- George Lucas Family Foundation Donates An Additional $10M To USC In Support of Student Diversity