The 64th annual Cannes Film Festival doesn’t announce its Official Selection until Thursday, but the French daily Le Figaro is reporting that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment in the Disney franchise, will play at the fest May 14 — a move that would assure red-carpet appearances from Cannes favorites and Pirates stars Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz. (The film’s world premiere is May 7 at Disneyland.) So far, the only announced movie in the lineup is Woody Allen’s opening-night film Midnight in Paris, set for May 11. Last month, Deadline confirmed that Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life will premiere on the Croisette, most likely in an out-of-competition slot. The festival runs May 11-22.
Cannes To Be First Port For 'Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Binge Watching Linked To Depression, Loneliness – Study
- Eddie Murphy Says He’ll Be On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Anniversary Show
- Faith-Based Family Drama ‘War Room’ Set For August Premiere
- Eclipse Television Taps Veteran Reality Exec Sergio Alfaro As CEO
- Rachael Taylor Joins Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones’ Netflix Series
- Steve Buscemi’s Snickers Super Bowl Ad: Does It Satisfy? – Video