The 64th annual Cannes Film Festival doesn’t announce its Official Selection until Thursday, but the French daily Le Figaro is reporting that Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment in the Disney franchise, will play at the fest May 14 — a move that would assure red-carpet appearances from Cannes favorites and Pirates stars Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz. (The film’s world premiere is May 7 at Disneyland.) So far, the only announced movie in the lineup is Woody Allen’s opening-night film Midnight in Paris, set for May 11. Last month, Deadline confirmed that Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life will premiere on the Croisette, most likely in an out-of-competition slot. The festival runs May 11-22.
Cannes To Be First Port For 'Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Cecilia Vega & Tom Llamas New ‘ABC World News Tonight’ Weekend Anchors
- John Fairchild, Editor-In-Chief Of Women’s Wear Daily, Dead At 87
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Blames Hippies For STDs In CPAC Speech
- Dominic Pagone Upped To SVP Communications At FX Networks
- Tarak Ben Ammar, Dominique Delport Proposed To Join Vivendi’s Supervisory Board
- Dean Cain, Helen Slater Join ‘Supergirl’ Pilot