No surprise here — I hear BET has quietly renewed its blockbuster comedy series The Game for a fifth season. The cable network may hold the official announcement until its upfront presentation on Wednesday, but word is that Season 5 may be bigger than the 13-episode Season 4, probably for 22 episodes. Also expected to get a renewal is BET’s freshman comedy Let’s Stay Together, which was recently paired with The Game. Meanwhile, I hear Reed Between the Lines, the network’s comedy pilot produced by and starring former Girlfriends star Tracee Ellis Ross as a busy psychiatrist, is getting a series order. Malcolm-Jamal Warner co-stars in the project written by Kellie Griffin. The Game, which was canceled by the CW in 2009, started off with staggering 7.7 million tuning in for its fifth-season premiere on BET and ended the season on a high note with 4.4 million viewers for the finale. This is the second comedy series canceled by a broadcast network to successfully relaunch on cable and land a renewal in the past couple of weeks, following the two-season pickup for Futurama at Comedy Central. Let’s Stay Together, executive produced by Queen Latifah, averaged 2.9 million viewers.
BET Renews 'The Game' & 'Together,' Picks Up 'Reed Between The Lines' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- All Eyes On Donald Trump Twitter Account After Trumpcare Vote Postponed
- Sean Spicer Swats CNN On Russian Collusion Report: More Evidence CNN Colluded With Hillary Clinton
- ATX Television Festival Sets ‘Snowfall’ For Opening Night, Network Presidents Panel, ‘Fargo…
- Damien Chazelle, Jordan Peele & Oprah Winfrey On Produced By Conference Roster
- Eliza Dushku Joins CBS’ ‘Bull’ As Savvy Lawyer This Season & Maybe Next
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 10 At Spike