OK, he still is credited as an executive producer on The Office and The Biggest Loser, but Ben Silverman hasn’t been hanging around NBC headquarters much since his short reign as NBC co-chairman ended in July 2009. But according to the New York Times, Silverman’s Electus — his production company with IAC — is set to announce a deal Monday with the network to produce a primetime reality show titled Fashion Star that will air in 2012. The show, to be hosted by supermodel Elle Macpherson, will see designers from various fields compete for a contract that will put their fashion lines in retail stores. The Times said viewers will be able to buy the contestants’ designs online, with NBC getting a share of sales. Magical Elves, which produced Project Runway when it was on Bravo, will co-produce the new elimination series.
Report: Ben Silverman Back At NBC With Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…