OK, he still is credited as an executive producer on The Office and The Biggest Loser, but Ben Silverman hasn’t been hanging around NBC headquarters much since his short reign as NBC co-chairman ended in July 2009. But according to the New York Times, Silverman’s Electus — his production company with IAC — is set to announce a deal Monday with the network to produce a primetime reality show titled Fashion Star that will air in 2012. The show, to be hosted by supermodel Elle Macpherson, will see designers from various fields compete for a contract that will put their fashion lines in retail stores. The Times said viewers will be able to buy the contestants’ designs online, with NBC getting a share of sales. Magical Elves, which produced Project Runway when it was on Bravo, will co-produce the new elimination series.
Report: Ben Silverman Back At NBC With Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series