OK, he still is credited as an executive producer on The Office and The Biggest Loser, but Ben Silverman hasn’t been hanging around NBC headquarters much since his short reign as NBC co-chairman ended in July 2009. But according to the New York Times, Silverman’s Electus — his production company with IAC — is set to announce a deal Monday with the network to produce a primetime reality show titled Fashion Star that will air in 2012. The show, to be hosted by supermodel Elle Macpherson, will see designers from various fields compete for a contract that will put their fashion lines in retail stores. The Times said viewers will be able to buy the contestants’ designs online, with NBC getting a share of sales. Magical Elves, which produced Project Runway when it was on Bravo, will co-produce the new elimination series.
Report: Ben Silverman Back At NBC With Reality Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'