OK, he still is credited as an executive producer on The Office and The Biggest Loser, but Ben Silverman hasn’t been hanging around NBC headquarters much since his short reign as NBC co-chairman ended in July 2009. But according to the New York Times, Silverman’s Electus — his production company with IAC — is set to announce a deal Monday with the network to produce a primetime reality show titled Fashion Star that will air in 2012. The show, to be hosted by supermodel Elle Macpherson, will see designers from various fields compete for a contract that will put their fashion lines in retail stores. The Times said viewers will be able to buy the contestants’ designs online, with NBC getting a share of sales. Magical Elves, which produced Project Runway when it was on Bravo, will co-produce the new elimination series.
Report: Ben Silverman Back At NBC With Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award