EXCLUSIVE: The Social Network’s Armie Hammer is in early talks to star opposite Johnny Depp in the title role of The Lone Ranger, the Gore Verbinski-directed film for Disney. I expect he’ll soon be shouting “Hi Yo Silver! Away!” on horseback, alongside his trusted sidekick, Tonto. Deadline told you first that Hammer would get the role of the prince in Relativity Media’s Snow White movie. Justin Haythe wrote The Lone Ranger and Jerry Bruckheimer is producing. Hammer’s repped by WME.
Armie Hammer Riding As 'The Lone Ranger'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- No. 8 ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Raoul Peck’s ‘The Young Karl Marx’ Acquired By The Orchard For Fall Bow
- Netflix Nabs Gareth Evans’ ‘Apostle’; Michael Sheen, Lucy Boynton, & More Round Cast
- Darlene Cates Dies: ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape’ Star Was 69
- Marvel Gets Most Of ‘Iron Man’ Copyright Suit Tossed But Poster Battle Continues
- Sony Picks Up Pitch Based On Memoir ‘Hope Heals’ For Ian Bryce, Humble Picture Company