EXCLUSIVE: The Social Network’s Armie Hammer is in early talks to star opposite Johnny Depp in the title role of The Lone Ranger, the Gore Verbinski-directed film for Disney. I expect he’ll soon be shouting “Hi Yo Silver! Away!” on horseback, alongside his trusted sidekick, Tonto. Deadline told you first that Hammer would get the role of the prince in Relativity Media’s Snow White movie. Justin Haythe wrote The Lone Ranger and Jerry Bruckheimer is producing. Hammer’s repped by WME.
Armie Hammer Riding As 'The Lone Ranger'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'La La', Diversity, Meryl, Mel & Lots Of Worthy Movies Overshadow Academy's Weird Oscar Nomination Announcement
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Mel Gibson Back In The Club With ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Nominations
- Ryan Reynolds Isn’t Tickled About ‘Deadpool’ Oscar Shutout
- Stephen Plum Heads Back To Paramount As Studio Changes Up Biz Affairs Reporting Structure
- Paramount Buys Spy Novel ‘A Woman Of No Importance’ For Star Wars’ Daisy Ridley
- Warner Bros. Centralizes Entertainment Technology Operations Under Vicky Colf
- Richard Curtis To Receive WGA West’s Top Humanitarian Award