EXCLUSIVE: Six Feet Under alum Alan Poul is back at HBO with an overall deal. As part of it, the producer-director is set to executive produce Aaron Sorkin’s HBO pilot. Tentatively titled More As This Story Develops, the project centers on cable news anchor Will McCallister (Jeff Daniels), who has his own show, as well as the show’s female executive producer and staff. Poul will executive produce the pilot with Sorkin and Scott Rudin and is set to direct multiple episodes if it goes to series. (The pilot is being directed by Greg Mottola.) Since signing with WME six months ago, Poul has booked two pilot-directing gigs. He helmed TNT’s Perception, the only one from TNT’s recent batch of completed pilots to receive a series order. Poul also just finished directing ABC’s dramedy Good Christian Bitches. In addition to his stint on Alan Ball’s Six Feet Under, on which he served as co-executive producer/executive producer and director for the entire five-season run, Poul directed the pilot for CBS’ Swingtown and served as an exec producer on the series.
Alan Poul Inks Overall Deal With HBO, Joins Aaron Sorkin's Cable News Pilot As EP
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV