EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has picked up a second season of the live-action comedy Eagleheart, starring Chris Elliott. The quarter-hour series, a parody of butt-kicking crime dramas like Walker, Texas Ranger, hails from Conan O’Brien’s Conaco Prods. It was set up while O’Brien and Conaco were still based at NBC but now represents nice synergy between Time Warner entities. Elliott is set to return as U.S. Marshal Chris Monsanto, who blindly kicks, punches and shoots his way to what may or may not be a legitimate solution to his case, along with co-stars Brett Gelman and Maria Thayer as his sidekicks Brett and Susie. Eagleheart, which premiered Feb. 3 at midnight, was No. 1 in its time slot among adults/men 18-34 and 18-49, and it ranked as basic cable’s No. 1 sitcom in the men 18-34 and men 18-49 demos. The series was created by former Late Night With Conan O’Brien writers Michael Koman and Andrew Weinberg, who are executive producing with O’Brien, Jason Woliner, Troy Miller, Tracey Baird, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross as well as the network’s Matt Harrigan. “I’ve never seen so many executive producers on one 15-minute show,” Adult Swim head Mike Lazzo quipped.
Adult Swim Renews Conan O'Brien-Produced 'Eagleheart' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest TV News
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Notches Another Series High As It Nears April 2 Finale
- Miles Teller To Star In Nicolas Winding Refn’s Amazon Series ‘Too Old To Die Young’
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike