EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has picked up a second season of the live-action comedy Eagleheart, starring Chris Elliott. The quarter-hour series, a parody of butt-kicking crime dramas like Walker, Texas Ranger, hails from Conan O’Brien’s Conaco Prods. It was set up while O’Brien and Conaco were still based at NBC but now represents nice synergy between Time Warner entities. Elliott is set to return as U.S. Marshal Chris Monsanto, who blindly kicks, punches and shoots his way to what may or may not be a legitimate solution to his case, along with co-stars Brett Gelman and Maria Thayer as his sidekicks Brett and Susie. Eagleheart, which premiered Feb. 3 at midnight, was No. 1 in its time slot among adults/men 18-34 and 18-49, and it ranked as basic cable’s No. 1 sitcom in the men 18-34 and men 18-49 demos. The series was created by former Late Night With Conan O’Brien writers Michael Koman and Andrew Weinberg, who are executive producing with O’Brien, Jason Woliner, Troy Miller, Tracey Baird, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross as well as the network’s Matt Harrigan. “I’ve never seen so many executive producers on one 15-minute show,” Adult Swim head Mike Lazzo quipped.
Adult Swim Renews Conan O'Brien-Produced 'Eagleheart' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’
- NBC’s Robert Greenblatt On The Importance Of Leaving A Digital Footprint – NAB Show