EXCLUSIVE: Adult Swim has picked up a second season of the live-action comedy Eagleheart, starring Chris Elliott. The quarter-hour series, a parody of butt-kicking crime dramas like Walker, Texas Ranger, hails from Conan O’Brien’s Conaco Prods. It was set up while O’Brien and Conaco were still based at NBC but now represents nice synergy between Time Warner entities. Elliott is set to return as U.S. Marshal Chris Monsanto, who blindly kicks, punches and shoots his way to what may or may not be a legitimate solution to his case, along with co-stars Brett Gelman and Maria Thayer as his sidekicks Brett and Susie. Eagleheart, which premiered Feb. 3 at midnight, was No. 1 in its time slot among adults/men 18-34 and 18-49, and it ranked as basic cable’s No. 1 sitcom in the men 18-34 and men 18-49 demos. The series was created by former Late Night With Conan O’Brien writers Michael Koman and Andrew Weinberg, who are executive producing with O’Brien, Jason Woliner, Troy Miller, Tracey Baird, David Kissinger and Jeff Ross as well as the network’s Matt Harrigan. “I’ve never seen so many executive producers on one 15-minute show,” Adult Swim head Mike Lazzo quipped.
Adult Swim Renews Conan O'Brien-Produced 'Eagleheart' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down As Raiders Score Close Win Over Chiefs
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…