3net, the joint-venture 3D network from Sony, Discovery and IMAX, announced today that they have begun principal photography on The Civil War 3D (working title), set to debut on the network in the fall. The DirecTV-based network says the four-hour miniseries will the first war documentary to be shot in “native 3D.” “Shooting in native 3D gives us the unique ability to bring an entirely new level of depth and emotion to this epic time in history with groundbreaking storytelling that simply hasn’t been possible until now,” said 3net president and CEO Tom Cosgrove. “As well, The Civil War 3D series further reflects our ongoing mission to provide the kind of immersive in-home 3D experience available nowhere else on television.” Towers Prods. will produce the series with executive producers Jonathan Towers, David W. Padrusch and 3net’s Tim Pastore; Padrusch will also direct.
3Net Network Preps War Documentary 'The Civil War 3D'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises