3net, the joint-venture 3D network from Sony, Discovery and IMAX, announced today that they have begun principal photography on The Civil War 3D (working title), set to debut on the network in the fall. The DirecTV-based network says the four-hour miniseries will the first war documentary to be shot in “native 3D.” “Shooting in native 3D gives us the unique ability to bring an entirely new level of depth and emotion to this epic time in history with groundbreaking storytelling that simply hasn’t been possible until now,” said 3net president and CEO Tom Cosgrove. “As well, The Civil War 3D series further reflects our ongoing mission to provide the kind of immersive in-home 3D experience available nowhere else on television.” Towers Prods. will produce the series with executive producers Jonathan Towers, David W. Padrusch and 3net’s Tim Pastore; Padrusch will also direct.
3Net Network Preps War Documentary 'The Civil War 3D'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Team
- Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
- 'American Idol' Contestant Joanne Borgella Dead At 32
- Gena Rowlands To Receive Career Honors From LA Film Critics
- 'Good Kill' Drone Movie Lands At IFC Films
- Tao Okamoto Cast In 'Hannibal'; 'Complications' Adds 2
- Showtime Ratings: 2.5M Subscribers Watch 'The Affair' — Network's Best Ever Series Debut Live + 3 Lift : UPDATE