3net, the joint-venture 3D network from Sony, Discovery and IMAX, announced today that they have begun principal photography on The Civil War 3D (working title), set to debut on the network in the fall. The DirecTV-based network says the four-hour miniseries will the first war documentary to be shot in “native 3D.” “Shooting in native 3D gives us the unique ability to bring an entirely new level of depth and emotion to this epic time in history with groundbreaking storytelling that simply hasn’t been possible until now,” said 3net president and CEO Tom Cosgrove. “As well, The Civil War 3D series further reflects our ongoing mission to provide the kind of immersive in-home 3D experience available nowhere else on television.” Towers Prods. will produce the series with executive producers Jonathan Towers, David W. Padrusch and 3net’s Tim Pastore; Padrusch will also direct.
3Net Network Preps War Documentary 'The Civil War 3D'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
'Star Trek Beyond' Takes $30M In Debut; 'Lights Out' Opens To $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek' - International Box Office Sunday
Latest TV News
- ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Trailer: It’s Not A Game Anymore, And Something’s Coming – Comic-Con
- Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Santa Clarita Wildfire
- Donald Trump Ducks Roger Ailes Question Posed By Chuck Todd On ‘Meet The Press’
- Los Angeles Area Emmys: NBC4 Leads With 8 Wins; KMEX, KVEA & Time Warner Cable SportsNet L.A. Follow With 5 Each
- ‘Conan’ Returning To Comic-Con In 2017
- Lee Majors Makes His Comic-Con Debut At ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Panel