30 Rock star Alec Baldwin is known for shooting from the hip and dropping bombshells when cornered by reporters at various events. He did it again last night in an interview to Vulture at the National Dance Institute’s annual fund-raising gala. “Next year is our last year of the show,” he was quoted as saying. “Our contracts are expired (at the end of next season), and Tina (Fey) is gonna have a big career directing films and writing.” Reps for NBC and 30 Rock creator/executive producer/star Fey declined to comment, but sources close to the situation called Baldwin’s comments “total nonsense.” There have been no discussions between NBC and the 30 Rock‘s producers about ending the show after the the upcoming sixth season. As for Baldwin, he has been vocal about his plan to leave the show after Season 6 when his contract expires, mirroring the move made this spring by The Office star Steve Carell.
'30 Rock' Chatter: No Plans To End Show Next Season As Star Alec Baldwin Suggests
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21