30 Rock star Alec Baldwin is known for shooting from the hip and dropping bombshells when cornered by reporters at various events. He did it again last night in an interview to Vulture at the National Dance Institute’s annual fund-raising gala. “Next year is our last year of the show,” he was quoted as saying. “Our contracts are expired (at the end of next season), and Tina (Fey) is gonna have a big career directing films and writing.” Reps for NBC and 30 Rock creator/executive producer/star Fey declined to comment, but sources close to the situation called Baldwin’s comments “total nonsense.” There have been no discussions between NBC and the 30 Rock‘s producers about ending the show after the the upcoming sixth season. As for Baldwin, he has been vocal about his plan to leave the show after Season 6 when his contract expires, mirroring the move made this spring by The Office star Steve Carell.
'30 Rock' Chatter: No Plans To End Show Next Season As Star Alec Baldwin Suggests
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’