30 Rock star Alec Baldwin is known for shooting from the hip and dropping bombshells when cornered by reporters at various events. He did it again last night in an interview to Vulture at the National Dance Institute’s annual fund-raising gala. “Next year is our last year of the show,” he was quoted as saying. “Our contracts are expired (at the end of next season), and Tina (Fey) is gonna have a big career directing films and writing.” Reps for NBC and 30 Rock creator/executive producer/star Fey declined to comment, but sources close to the situation called Baldwin’s comments “total nonsense.” There have been no discussions between NBC and the 30 Rock‘s producers about ending the show after the the upcoming sixth season. As for Baldwin, he has been vocal about his plan to leave the show after Season 6 when his contract expires, mirroring the move made this spring by The Office star Steve Carell.
'30 Rock' Chatter: No Plans To End Show Next Season As Star Alec Baldwin Suggests
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Fox News Channel Tops Donald Trump Phoenix Rally Ratings
- MacTaggart Lecture: UK’s Jon Snow Calls Out Facebook For Enabling “Fakery”, Jeopardizing Democracy…
- Timothy Hutton To Star In 'The Haunting Of Hill House' Netflix TV Series Adaptation
- ‘Hollywood Medium With Tyler Henry’ Renewed For Season 3 By E!
- Romantic Comedy From Nahnatchka Khan & Billy Finnegan Set At Fox As Put Pilot
- Prince Concert Film ‘Sign O’ The Times’ Headed To Showtime