The image of the 2011 Cannes Film Festival? It’s Faye Dunaway, in a photo taken by Palme d’Or-winning Scarecrow director and photographer Jerry Schatzberg in 1970. The relevance to this year’s festival: Schatzberg’s first film, the Dunaway-starrer Puzzle of a Downfall Child, has been restored by Universal Pictures, and the barely seen film will be screened at Cannes before it is distributed in France by Carlotta in the fall. Dunaway will be on hand for the festival screening as will Schatzberg, who went on to direct Panic in Needle Park with Al Pacino the following year.
2011 Cannes: The Poster
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations