The image of the 2011 Cannes Film Festival? It’s Faye Dunaway, in a photo taken by Palme d’Or-winning Scarecrow director and photographer Jerry Schatzberg in 1970. The relevance to this year’s festival: Schatzberg’s first film, the Dunaway-starrer Puzzle of a Downfall Child, has been restored by Universal Pictures, and the barely seen film will be screened at Cannes before it is distributed in France by Carlotta in the fall. Dunaway will be on hand for the festival screening as will Schatzberg, who went on to direct Panic in Needle Park with Al Pacino the following year.
2011 Cannes: The Poster
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Still Rusty At $63M+; ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars Past $300M – Saturday AM Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension