The director revealed the news in an interview with a Los Angeles Times blog today from Paris, where he was publicizing Sucker Punch. Zach Snyder phoned the 36-year-old three-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams with the news today. “There was a big, giant search for Lois,” Snyder said. “For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it.” He said the role is “a linchpin” to the project and will have contemporary appeal and spirit. “It goes back to what I’ve said about Superman and making him really understandable for today. What’s important to us is making him relevant and real and making him empathetic to today’s audience so that we understand the decisions he makes. That applies to Lois as well. She has to be in the same universe as him.” Adams’ recent movies include The Fighter, Enchanted, and Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. She is being courted by Adam Shankman to join Rock of Ages, playing the journalist who falls into a bedroom romp with Tom Cruise’s decadent rock star character. And she is attached to that long-in-the-works Janis Joplin biopic to play the 1960s singer directed by Fernando Meirelles. Both Margot Kidder and Kate Bosworth have played movie versions of Metropolis newspaper reporter Lois Lane, the primary love interest of Superman in the DC Comics created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster dating back to 1938.
Zack Snyder Chooses Amy Adams To Play Lois Lane in 'Superman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Film News
- ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Star Chin Han To Scale ‘Skyscraper’ With Dwayne Johnson
- Netflix ‘Triple Frontier’ Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal…
- Potential ‘Citizen Kane’ & ‘Cat People’ TV Series At Heart Of RKO Lawsuit
- Susan Lacy Explains Making Of Her Steven Spielberg Documentary For HBO – TCA
- Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor DeObia Oparei
- ‘UnReal’ Star Caitlin FitzGerald Joins ‘The Man Who Killed Hitler Then The Bigfoot’