The director revealed the news in an interview with a Los Angeles Times blog today from Paris, where he was publicizing Sucker Punch. Zach Snyder phoned the 36-year-old three-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams with the news today. “There was a big, giant search for Lois,” Snyder said. “For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it.” He said the role is “a linchpin” to the project and will have contemporary appeal and spirit. “It goes back to what I’ve said about Superman and making him really understandable for today. What’s important to us is making him relevant and real and making him empathetic to today’s audience so that we understand the decisions he makes. That applies to Lois as well. She has to be in the same universe as him.” Adams’ recent movies include The Fighter, Enchanted, and Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. She is being courted by Adam Shankman to join Rock of Ages, playing the journalist who falls into a bedroom romp with Tom Cruise’s decadent rock star character. And she is attached to that long-in-the-works Janis Joplin biopic to play the 1960s singer directed by Fernando Meirelles. Both Margot Kidder and Kate Bosworth have played movie versions of Metropolis newspaper reporter Lois Lane, the primary love interest of Superman in the DC Comics created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster dating back to 1938.
Zack Snyder Chooses Amy Adams To Play Lois Lane in 'Superman'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Early Man’ Trailer: Nick Park’s Prehistoric Misfits Rock The Stone Age
- Lincoln Plaza Cinema Owner: Space To Stay A Movie Theater After Renovations
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Live Movie Trailer Electrifies During ‘A Christmas Story Live’
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Lawyers Suing ‘Pirates’ Star Back After He Hit Them For $30M
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…