The director revealed the news in an interview with a Los Angeles Times blog today from Paris, where he was publicizing Sucker Punch. Zach Snyder phoned the 36-year-old three-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams with the news today. “There was a big, giant search for Lois,” Snyder said. “For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it.” He said the role is “a linchpin” to the project and will have contemporary appeal and spirit. “It goes back to what I’ve said about Superman and making him really understandable for today. What’s important to us is making him relevant and real and making him empathetic to today’s audience so that we understand the decisions he makes. That applies to Lois as well. She has to be in the same universe as him.” Adams’ recent movies include The Fighter, Enchanted, and Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. She is being courted by Adam Shankman to join Rock of Ages, playing the journalist who falls into a bedroom romp with Tom Cruise’s decadent rock star character. And she is attached to that long-in-the-works Janis Joplin biopic to play the 1960s singer directed by Fernando Meirelles. Both Margot Kidder and Kate Bosworth have played movie versions of Metropolis newspaper reporter Lois Lane, the primary love interest of Superman in the DC Comics created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster dating back to 1938.
Zack Snyder Chooses Amy Adams To Play Lois Lane in 'Superman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Gets Pioneer Of The Year Award, Urges Diversity And Inclusion – CinemaCon
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon