According to a joint statement from the Writers Guilds of America West and East and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, issued today, negotiations on on a new Theatrical/TV contract begin on Thursday, March 3rd. The Guilds and the AMPTP claim they will not be commenting further at this time. President John Wells, Executive Director David Young, Negotiating Committee Co-Chairs John Bowman and Billy Ray, and others will go up against the AMPTP’s Carol Lombardini. I’ll have an analysis before then.
WGA-AMPTP Start Contract Talks Thursday
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- 'Casting JonBenet' Trailer: Director Kitty Green Revisits Murder Case Using Local Talent
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’