For those who’ve seen Clint Eastwood’s Hereafter, its terrifying opening scene of a tsunami rising up and decimating a seaside resort seemed to play out all over again in news footage from Japan. Warner Bros is releasing the Matt Damon-starrer on DVD tomorrow, but the Associated Press reports from Tokyo that the film is being pulled from the rest of its theatrical run in Japan. It opened last month on 180 screens. The AP quotes Warner Entertainment Japan official Satoru Otani saying that showing the film at this point was “not appropriate.” The move seems wise, as Hereafter would certainly be the last thing a traumatized country would want to see at this point in time.
Warners Pulls 'Hereafter' From Japan Theaters
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List