For those who’ve seen Clint Eastwood’s Hereafter, its terrifying opening scene of a tsunami rising up and decimating a seaside resort seemed to play out all over again in news footage from Japan. Warner Bros is releasing the Matt Damon-starrer on DVD tomorrow, but the Associated Press reports from Tokyo that the film is being pulled from the rest of its theatrical run in Japan. It opened last month on 180 screens. The AP quotes Warner Entertainment Japan official Satoru Otani saying that showing the film at this point was “not appropriate.” The move seems wise, as Hereafter would certainly be the last thing a traumatized country would want to see at this point in time.
Warners Pulls 'Hereafter' From Japan Theaters
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films