For those who’ve seen Clint Eastwood’s Hereafter, its terrifying opening scene of a tsunami rising up and decimating a seaside resort seemed to play out all over again in news footage from Japan. Warner Bros is releasing the Matt Damon-starrer on DVD tomorrow, but the Associated Press reports from Tokyo that the film is being pulled from the rest of its theatrical run in Japan. It opened last month on 180 screens. The AP quotes Warner Entertainment Japan official Satoru Otani saying that showing the film at this point was “not appropriate.” The move seems wise, as Hereafter would certainly be the last thing a traumatized country would want to see at this point in time.
Warners Pulls 'Hereafter' From Japan Theaters
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’