For those who’ve seen Clint Eastwood’s Hereafter, its terrifying opening scene of a tsunami rising up and decimating a seaside resort seemed to play out all over again in news footage from Japan. Warner Bros is releasing the Matt Damon-starrer on DVD tomorrow, but the Associated Press reports from Tokyo that the film is being pulled from the rest of its theatrical run in Japan. It opened last month on 180 screens. The AP quotes Warner Entertainment Japan official Satoru Otani saying that showing the film at this point was “not appropriate.” The move seems wise, as Hereafter would certainly be the last thing a traumatized country would want to see at this point in time.
Warners Pulls 'Hereafter' From Japan Theaters
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine
- Peter Bart: Oscar Trail Is Long And Winding For The Smart Filmmakers Of ‘Spotlight’ and ‘The Big Short…
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”
- Endurance Media Taps Steve Barnett As Production Prexy, Acquires Trio Of Scripts
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- CBS Q4 Revenues Beat Expectations With 8% Growth In Network Ad Sales