They already had the queen of TV, Oprah, on the show, now Tina Fey & Co. have booked film royalty Tom Hanks to guest star in an upcoming episode of NBC’s 30 Rock. The Oscar winner confirmed the news via Twitter. No information yet on the role he would play, but my bet is on an oddball character, possibly in the show’s 100th episode. Hanks, whose last TV series role was 30 years ago in several episodes of Family Ties, joins other high-profile feature guest actors on 30 Rock this season such as Matt Damon and Susan Sarandon. (As himself, Hanks has appeared on a couple of shows, including Life with Bonnie and The Naked Truth.) Hanks previously worked with Fey and 30 Rock executive producer Lorne Michaels on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, which Hanks has hosted eight times. He recently did two skits on Jimmy Kimmel’s post-Oscar show.
Tom Hanks To Guest Star On '30 Rock'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- WABC-TV President & GM Dave Davis Retires From New York Station
- Donald Trump Tweet-Storm: Armed Teachers Good; Assault Weapon Ban Bad
- ‘The Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling’ Trailer: First Look At HBO’s Two-Part Docu On The Comic’s Comic
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89
- SAG-AFTRA Sets Workshop To Train Its Leaders In Sexual Harassment Prevention