They already had the queen of TV, Oprah, on the show, now Tina Fey & Co. have booked film royalty Tom Hanks to guest star in an upcoming episode of NBC’s 30 Rock. The Oscar winner confirmed the news via Twitter. No information yet on the role he would play, but my bet is on an oddball character, possibly in the show’s 100th episode. Hanks, whose last TV series role was 30 years ago in several episodes of Family Ties, joins other high-profile feature guest actors on 30 Rock this season such as Matt Damon and Susan Sarandon. (As himself, Hanks has appeared on a couple of shows, including Life with Bonnie and The Naked Truth.) Hanks previously worked with Fey and 30 Rock executive producer Lorne Michaels on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, which Hanks has hosted eight times. He recently did two skits on Jimmy Kimmel’s post-Oscar show.
Tom Hanks To Guest Star On '30 Rock'
What's Hot on Deadline
Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet - Update
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $21M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $2M+
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; 'It' Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet – Update
- ‘Will & Grace’ Gang Takes On Donnie & Melania – Tribeca TV Festival
- Stevie Wonder “Takes A Knee” For America At Global Citizen Festival
- ‘Free Speech Week’ With Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon Canceled At UC Berkeley
- Golden State Warriors Will Not Visit Donald Trump’s White House
- MSNBC Devotes Day To Global Citizen Festival Featuring Stevie Wonder, Green Day, Pharrell Williams