They already had the queen of TV, Oprah, on the show, now Tina Fey & Co. have booked film royalty Tom Hanks to guest star in an upcoming episode of NBC’s 30 Rock. The Oscar winner confirmed the news via Twitter. No information yet on the role he would play, but my bet is on an oddball character, possibly in the show’s 100th episode. Hanks, whose last TV series role was 30 years ago in several episodes of Family Ties, joins other high-profile feature guest actors on 30 Rock this season such as Matt Damon and Susan Sarandon. (As himself, Hanks has appeared on a couple of shows, including Life with Bonnie and The Naked Truth.) Hanks previously worked with Fey and 30 Rock executive producer Lorne Michaels on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, which Hanks has hosted eight times. He recently did two skits on Jimmy Kimmel’s post-Oscar show.
Tom Hanks To Guest Star On '30 Rock'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest TV News
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Review: Lots To Be Thankful For In ‘Gilmore Girls’ Creator’s New…
- ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ To Take On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Clip: Six Seconds Of Chris Pratt & Dino Baby
- Netflix Ends Golden Globes Party Partnership With The Weinstein Company