They already had the queen of TV, Oprah, on the show, now Tina Fey & Co. have booked film royalty Tom Hanks to guest star in an upcoming episode of NBC’s 30 Rock. The Oscar winner confirmed the news via Twitter. No information yet on the role he would play, but my bet is on an oddball character, possibly in the show’s 100th episode. Hanks, whose last TV series role was 30 years ago in several episodes of Family Ties, joins other high-profile feature guest actors on 30 Rock this season such as Matt Damon and Susan Sarandon. (As himself, Hanks has appeared on a couple of shows, including Life with Bonnie and The Naked Truth.) Hanks previously worked with Fey and 30 Rock executive producer Lorne Michaels on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, which Hanks has hosted eight times. He recently did two skits on Jimmy Kimmel’s post-Oscar show.
Tom Hanks To Guest Star On '30 Rock'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order