I’m hearing that Chernin Entertainment is close to a deal for Meet the New Boss, a spec script by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka that has James Bobin circling as potential director. deal is low against high six figures and Chernin is making it through his discretionary fund. The comedy revolves around an employee of Capital Properties who goes from one jerk of a boss to another, and the new supervisor is even worse because it’s a robot. The scribes last sold The Sitter, the David Gordon Green-directed Fox comedy that stars Jonah Hill. Bobin just directed The Muppets. The scribes are repped by UTA and Industry, CAA reps Bobin.
'The Sitter' Scribes Take 'Meet The New Boss' Deal To Chernin Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Duplass Brothers Ink Big Netflix Movie Deal
- Ex-IM Global Founder Stuart Ford Launches New Content Creator AGC Studios
- Steven Soderbergh Talks ‘Unsane’ Distribution & Shooting His Next Film On An iPhone – Berlin
- Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
- ‘Black Panther’ Posts Record $21M Pre-Summer Tuesday; Second Weekend To Reap $104M-$109M
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations