I’m hearing that Chernin Entertainment is close to a deal for Meet the New Boss, a spec script by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka that has James Bobin circling as potential director. deal is low against high six figures and Chernin is making it through his discretionary fund. The comedy revolves around an employee of Capital Properties who goes from one jerk of a boss to another, and the new supervisor is even worse because it’s a robot. The scribes last sold The Sitter, the David Gordon Green-directed Fox comedy that stars Jonah Hill. Bobin just directed The Muppets. The scribes are repped by UTA and Industry, CAA reps Bobin.
'The Sitter' Scribes Take 'Meet The New Boss' Deal To Chernin Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest