I’m hearing that Chernin Entertainment is close to a deal for Meet the New Boss, a spec script by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka that has James Bobin circling as potential director. deal is low against high six figures and Chernin is making it through his discretionary fund. The comedy revolves around an employee of Capital Properties who goes from one jerk of a boss to another, and the new supervisor is even worse because it’s a robot. The scribes last sold The Sitter, the David Gordon Green-directed Fox comedy that stars Jonah Hill. Bobin just directed The Muppets. The scribes are repped by UTA and Industry, CAA reps Bobin.
'The Sitter' Scribes Take 'Meet The New Boss' Deal To Chernin Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role…