Summit Entertainment, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi optioned Deepwater Horizon’s Final Hour, a New York Times article from last Dec. 25 that will inform a film they’ll develop about the oil-rig disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. Matthew Sand will write the script. The Times’ article was written by David Barstow, David Rohde and Stephanie Saul. Lorenzo di Bonaventura will produce. ICM repped deal.
Summit, Participant And Imagenation Target Oil Rig Tragedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Douglas Smith Joins Jessica Chastain’s Team In ‘Miss Sloane’
- Dev Patel & Armie Hammer In Negotiations For Mumbai Siege Pic ‘Hotel Mumbai’ – Berlin
- ‘Batman V Superman’ Final Trailer: Batman (Featuring Superman)?
- George Clooney, Coens Grilled On Political Issues At Heated ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Panel – Berlin
- Berlin: Intense Competition For Top-Tier Titles Leaves Indie Buyers Facing Uncertain Future