Summit Entertainment, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi optioned Deepwater Horizon’s Final Hour, a New York Times article from last Dec. 25 that will inform a film they’ll develop about the oil-rig disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. Matthew Sand will write the script. The Times’ article was written by David Barstow, David Rohde and Stephanie Saul. Lorenzo di Bonaventura will produce. ICM repped deal.
Summit, Participant And Imagenation Target Oil Rig Tragedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More