EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens - Deadline Q&A
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project ‘Euphoria’ With Eva Green
- 'Star Wars' Han Solo Film: Alden Ehrenreich Lands The Lead In Spinoff
- ‘Being Charlie’ Clip: Director Rob Reiner’s Personal Film Written By His Son
- Helen Hunt Reteams With ‘Soul Surfer’ Helmer For Sports Tale ‘Live Like Line’
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, 2 Others Join Boston Marathon Bombing Film ‘Patriots Day’