EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’