EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Los Angeles City Attorney “Will Prosecute” Harvey Weinstein If Victims Come Forward
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Actor Dave Bautista Joins Jaime Foxx In Animated Film ‘Groove Tails’
- Vanessa Hudgens & Annaleigh Ashford Board Jennifer Lopez-Starring Film ‘Second Act’
- ‘Gotham’s Cory Michael Smith Joins ‘First Man’s Space Crew
- Frank Grillo, Jamie Bell To Topline ‘Donnybrook’; Yolonda Ross Joins ‘Out Of Blue’
- Peter Thiel-Backed Legal Startup Offers $100,000 To Women With Weinstein Claims