EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatars': 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction