EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Unbanned: The Legend Of AJ1’ Trailer Looks At Sneaker Culture
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Crossing $900M WW Box Office This Weekend
- Three Billboards From Florida To England: Movie’s Protest Tactic Spreads
- ‘Black Panther’ Rises To $82M Through Friday; $150M+ Weekend In Sight – International Box Office
- ‘Cuban Food Stories’ First Teaser: Asori Soto’s Road Trip Food Adventure – Berlin
- Highland Boards Mel Gibson & Frank Grillo’s Action Drama ‘Boss Level’