EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest Film News
- ‘Triple 9’ Redband Trailer: Cops, Robbers, Bloodshed, Nudity
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Fonda, Blanchett, Lionel Richie & Oscars For Sale To The Highest Bidder
- Feds Officially Probing Hollywood’s Lack Of Female Directors
- Cannes Hits ‘Son Of Saul’, ‘Ingrid Bergman In Her Own Words’ Score In Gotham: New York Film Festival
- Larry Brezner Dies: Longtime Manager And Producer Was 73
- ‘Bridge Of Spies’ Review: Spielberg, Hanks & The Coen Brothers Team For Landmark Cold War Thriller