EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest Film News
- Sundance Film Festival Opening Press Conference – Watch Live
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Eyes Options As Potential Suitors Kick Tires
- Jada Pinkett Smith, Daughter Willow & Mom Adrienne Set Facebook Talk Show: Sundance
- Fox Searchlight’s Stephen Gilula & Nancy Utley On Sundance, The Indie Biz And Being Swallowed By Disney
- MarketCast Expands Executive Team By Two In Los Angeles
- Abominable Pictures Producer Jonathan Stern Inks With UTA As ‘A Futile And Stupid Gesture’ Hits Sundance