EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija 2’ Filmmaker Mike Flanagan To ‘Inherit The Earth’
- Starz Shareholders Formally Endorse Sale To Lionsgate
- ‘Lion’ Collects Best Positive Film Award In Paris
- ‘A United Kingdom’ Trailer: Inside The Marriage That Changed African History
- Condola Rashad Joins Netflix’s ‘Come Sunday’ With Chiwetel Ejiofor
- Multiple Buyers Take ‘The Oath’; Baltasar Kormakur Thriller Is Iceland’s #1 2016 Pic