EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Adam Sandler To Star In Film Quartet For Netflix, Which Continues To Thumb Nose At Theaters
- Warner Bros Connects With iPhone Salesman/Scribe's Pitch For 'I Am Legend' Reboot
- David O Russell Gets 2-Picture Deal With Megan Ellison's Annapurna
- Ice Cube Pitch 'Rocky Mountain High' In Bidding Battle
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch