EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 1: Ethan Hawke, Common, Antonio Banderas, Noomi Rapace, & More
- Robert De Niro And Bradley Cooper Swap Stories, With An Unplanned Assist From David O. Russell – Tribeca
- Sylvester Stallone Asks Trump To Pardon Boxer Jack Johnson – President Considers It
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- ‘Maine’ Clip: Tribeca Drama Explores Self Discovery, Love In Nature
- ‘Braid’ Clip: A Demented Game Is Afoot In Mitzi Peirone’s Tribeca Thriller