EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27.5M Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK - Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Jimmy Kimmel Talks Oscars, Politics & What He’d Ask A Certain President-Elect
- New ‘Wilson’ Trailer Gives Glimpse Of Woody Harrelson’s Fatherly Faux Pas
- Ira Deutchman Gets First Spotlight Cinema Laurels For Lifetime Of Indie Service
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $27.5M Weekend, ‘Rogue’ Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK – Box…
- Popular Japanese Title ‘Attack On Titan’ Eyed By Warner Bros. For ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Producer…
- Harris Dickinson To Star In Fox’s YA Adaptation Of ‘Darkest Minds’