EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- India Censor Denies Release Of ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’; Cites “Lady Oriented” Story
- Toronto Film Fest Reducing Lineup By 20%; Retires Vanguard, City To City Sections
- WGA Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom
- 'Alien: Covenant' ‘Prologue’ Video Introduces The Colony Ship's Crew Before Cryosleep
- UTA Rally Speakers: Gavin Newsom, Jodie Foster, Keegan-Michael Key & More
- SAG-AFTRA “Disappointed” In Court Pausing IMDb Age Law