EXCLUSIVE: Breck Eisner is in early talks to direct The Last Witch Hunter, a Cory Goodman pitch that puts Twilight Saga maker Summit Entertainment into the witch business. Summit made a pre-emptive mid-six figures acquisition of the property a year ago from Goodman, who scripted Priest. It was bought with the attachment of Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov, who has been preoccupied with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The protagonist is one of the last remaining witch hunters, a breed that keeps the population of witches and warlocks in check. They are about to repopulate in a major way unless he can stop them. Bekmambetov is attached to produce and Adam Goldworm is exec producer. Eisner, who directed The Crazies, has also been in the mix for MGM’s Hercules, based on the Radical Comics title.
Summit Eyes Breck Eisner For 'The Last Witch Hunter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest Film News
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- Liam Neeson Suits Up For ‘Men In Black’ Spinoff
- Cohen Media Group Sets ‘Palmer’ Scribe Cheryl Guerriero To Adapt ‘Maiden Voyage’
- Chad Stahelski Set To Direct ‘Analog’ For Lionsgate
- Antoine Fuqua To Direct Nicholas Pileggi-Scripted ‘The Street’ for Tooley Entertainment, eOne, Pressman Films
- Michelle Williams To Star In Underground Abortion Network Drama ‘This Is Jane’ For Amazon Studios