A vigorous spec auction ended late Friday night with Sony Pictures paying mid-six figures for Agent OX, a Daniel Kunka script about a human spy on an alien planet. Neal Moritz is producing. Deal closed at 7:30 West Coast time. Producers all over town took the spec into different studios, including Peter Chernin at Fox, Walter Parkes at DreamWorks, Benderspink and Brad Weston at Paramount and Marc Platt at Universal. Moritz settled matters by paying about $300,000 out of his discretionary fund. Kunka’s repped by ICM.
Sony Pictures Buys Spec 'Agent OX' For Neal Moritz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings