A vigorous spec auction ended late Friday night with Sony Pictures paying mid-six figures for Agent OX, a Daniel Kunka script about a human spy on an alien planet. Neal Moritz is producing. Deal closed at 7:30 West Coast time. Producers all over town took the spec into different studios, including Peter Chernin at Fox, Walter Parkes at DreamWorks, Benderspink and Brad Weston at Paramount and Marc Platt at Universal. Moritz settled matters by paying about $300,000 out of his discretionary fund. Kunka’s repped by ICM.
Sony Pictures Buys Spec 'Agent OX' For Neal Moritz
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
'Timeless' EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening Series
Latest Film News
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts