A vigorous spec auction ended late Friday night with Sony Pictures paying mid-six figures for Agent OX, a Daniel Kunka script about a human spy on an alien planet. Neal Moritz is producing. Deal closed at 7:30 West Coast time. Producers all over town took the spec into different studios, including Peter Chernin at Fox, Walter Parkes at DreamWorks, Benderspink and Brad Weston at Paramount and Marc Platt at Universal. Moritz settled matters by paying about $300,000 out of his discretionary fund. Kunka’s repped by ICM.
Sony Pictures Buys Spec 'Agent OX' For Neal Moritz
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations