A vigorous spec auction ended late Friday night with Sony Pictures paying mid-six figures for Agent OX, a Daniel Kunka script about a human spy on an alien planet. Neal Moritz is producing. Deal closed at 7:30 West Coast time. Producers all over town took the spec into different studios, including Peter Chernin at Fox, Walter Parkes at DreamWorks, Benderspink and Brad Weston at Paramount and Marc Platt at Universal. Moritz settled matters by paying about $300,000 out of his discretionary fund. Kunka’s repped by ICM.
Sony Pictures Buys Spec 'Agent OX' For Neal Moritz
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest Film News
- Maika Monroe & Jeremy Allen White To Star In Hannah Marks-Helmed ‘Shotgun’
- Greg Kinnear Attached To Star in Ken Kwapis’ ‘Piano Lessons’
- About 75% Of Screens Receive Movies Via Satellite, Digital Cinema Group Says
- Lionsgate Taps ‘Highlander’ Creator Gregory Widen To Script Film On First Black Samurai
- Connor Swindells Joins Gerard Butler & Peter Mullan In ‘Keepers’
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs